Sessions in Adelaide, Australia?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
whamlyn
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Sessions in Adelaide, Australia?

Post by whamlyn »

Hi Folks,

I'm going to be in Adelaide for 2 weeks (April 27-May 8) and was hoping to find a session or maybe a few local players. I'll be in downtown (I think) so anything within walking / taxi distance would be great.

Thanks and hopefully see some of you soon...
Wes
Jetboy

Re: Sessions in Adelaide, Australia?

Post by Jetboy »

go to

http://www.thesession.org

click on 'sessions' on teh right hand side, click the search tab at the top and put in your parameters.

There are 6 coming up in Adelaide during any one week.

If you meet up with the consummate piper/whistler, Jack Brennan, give him my regards. He's amn Adelaide policeman and probably won't remember me but he made the mysteries of the roll fall into place for me at the Lake School a year or so back. I was that Pommie whistle maker in his advanced class with my sister in the novice group.

Simon
www.westonwhistles.co.uk

I am in a World of my own. But I am happy here, everyone knows me!
Ceili_whistle_man

Post by Ceili_whistle_man »

Hi Wes,
Just a quick reply here, I have to rush out but I shall be back later with more details.
Your best bet in Adelaide is the Gov', The Governor Hindmarsh, it has a good Friday night session and mid week sessions.
The Daniel O'Connell in Tynte Street also has midweek sessions.
The Irish Australian Association runs midweek ITM teaching sessions which also turn into full on sessions depending on who is there on the night.
Cheers.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
Ceili_whistle_man

Post by Ceili_whistle_man »

I just had a chat with a mate of mine who attends sessions in Adelaide more often than I would get the chance to be there, just to check on what is still happening session wise. (edit 'wide',duh!) He agrees that the Daniel O'Connell is a good bet, there's a Tuesday afternoon/evening session there, with a mix of music being played (not strictly ITM).
Monday night is a good time to call in to the Adelaide Irish Association club, I think they run a few classes early and then a session after that.
Friday night, usually starting around 11pm, at the Governor Hindmarsh.
Cheers.
Last edited by Ceili_whistle_man on Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
whamlyn

Post by whamlyn »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies... I'll check out the Irish Association and see where things go from there. :)

All the best,
Wes