Complete L.E. McCullough Music Compositions Now Online

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
lemccullough
antispam: No

Complete L.E. McCullough Music Compositions Now Online

Post by lemccullough »

Just in time for Chinese New Year:

Anyone interested in perusing and playing any of my traditional Irish compositions can do so at http://www.lemccullough.com. . . hit the Music tab, and the Tune Index link is at top left.

All 142 compositions to date are printed in music notation. . . audio clips for about 80 tunes, with more coming day-by-day.

Actually, to be fully accurate there are 142 and-a-half. . . composed the first part of a jig for a 7-year-old music student yesterday. . . she gets the second part when she learns the first. . . it’s like dessert after eating your vegetables kinda thing. . . or maybe I'll let her compose the B part, get those creativity juices flowing early.

Thanks to Ms. Lesl Harker for transcribing and setup of the tunes using the space-age Tune-O-Tron process and world-of-tomorrow ABC Convert-A-Matic technology developed by Mr. Paul Schwartz at concertina.net. Lesl has two amazing tunebooks of Mike Rafferty flute tunes, BTW, at http://www.firescribble.net/rafferty/.

Happy Year of the Tiger!!!

L.E. McCullough
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Complete L.E. McCullough Music Compositions Now Online

Post by brewerpaul »

What a resource! Great stuff here...
Check it out, people.
By all means check out the other part of LEs website-- he's not just about Irish music. Last winter we saw his play Orphan Train at the NY State Theater Institute, and loved it.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
plunk111
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Love playing trumpet and modern flute at church as well as Irish trad flute in a band. Been playing Irish trad and 18th century period music for about 15 years.

Post by plunk111 »

Very cool! Is there a PDF of all the tunes compiled somewhere?
Pat Plunkett, Wheeling, WV
lemccullough

Post by lemccullough »

Pat, all the tunes are in PDF form. . . had to put them on several pages, cause it just got too unwieldy, but there's an index and you can just whip them off the page, I believe or print them. . . and, Paul, ORPHAN TRAIN is gonna be back at NYSTI April 16-25. . . i'll see you then and we can have a session with Ray, George et al at Jose Malone's -- be a LOTTTTT warmer than last time! (and yes, i've tweaked the ending... more suspense)

Best,

L.E.
crookedtune

Post by crookedtune »

Seriously, you can't do this. I'm only on page 45 of 'The Complete Irish Tinwhistle Tutor' that I was given in 1976.

How much time do you think I've got? :o
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
PhilO
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by PhilO »

ok, it's probably me; I'm exhausted, but I can get the FANTASTIC audio clips but don't see anyway to access notation. At least I get the really good part...

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
plunk111
Tell us something.: Love playing trumpet and modern flute at church as well as Irish trad flute in a band. Been playing Irish trad and 18th century period music for about 15 years.

Post by plunk111 »

Ummm... great resource, but they aren't pdfs - they're html pages... Big difference...

Pat
Last edited by plunk111 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

lemccullough wrote: Paul, ORPHAN TRAIN is gonna be back at NYSTI April 16-25. . . i'll see you then and we can have a session with Ray, George et al at Jose Malone's -- be a LOTTTTT warmer than last time! (and yes, i've tweaked the ending... more suspense)

Best,

L.E.
Sweeeeeet! Please get in touch as the date approaches. Can't wait.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
lemccullough

Post by lemccullough »

Apologies for my cyber-confusion about them being html not PDf -- but hey, i just grabbed the image right off the page and it appeared as a jpg which could be printed and utilized.

5-Second Consumer Preference Survey: would folks find it useful if I published all the ABC notation to the tunes on a separate page? Give a shout back if yes.

Best,
L.E.
cquick
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by cquick »

Yes please

Chuck
plunk111

Post by plunk111 »

Yes, please - it's easy to convert ABC to PDF... Sorry about this, but my electronic device of choice likes PDF.

Pat
lemccullough

Post by lemccullough »

okay, 2 responses out of 7,970 users -- The Fipple People Have Spoken!

Works for me. . . i'll get cracking on arranging the file with the ABCs. . . should I just send it to you guys as is as an attachment? They're not arranged alphabetically, but you could figure it out, right?

Best,
L.E.
s1m0n

Post by s1m0n »

brewerpaul wrote: By all means check out the other part of LEs website-- he's not just about Irish music. Last winter we saw his play Orphan Train at the NY State Theater Institute, and loved it.
I know of what I thought was a Tom Russell song with that or a similar title - was that actually LE's work, or are they different works on a similar theme?
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
lemccullough

Post by lemccullough »

Hey, Simon!

The ORPHAN TRAIN Paul is referring to is a play, a musical. I wrote the book, Michael Barry Greer wrote the lyrics, Doug Katsaros composed the music, and we've had it performed a few times over the last few years. Yeh, Tom Russell song is great, and there are bunches of books on the subject, usually for kids. Our musical is about the founder, Charles Brace, and is for adults and kids.

We'll let you know when it tours in East Van.

Best, L.E.
plunk111

Post by plunk111 »

L.E.

Don't go to any trouble - especially if there are just two of us that are involved. What you have is perfectly usable, just a little inconvenient...

Pat