Hamilton Low D

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
plamas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Hamilton Low D

Post by plamas »

Hello All,
Managed to get a few more low Ds up on ebay. Item no. 320439249711. Sound clips provided this time as well.
BTW thanks to everyone who posted kind comments about these whistles, after their first outing.
All the Best
Hammy Hamilton
shatfield
antispam: No

Re: Hamilton Low D

Post by shatfield »

Man.............I just bought an Obrien so I have to wait.

By the way........I couldn't find the sound clips.

Steve
Just call me a working class Renaissance Man (in other words a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none)
Feadoggie

Post by Feadoggie »

shatfield wrote:By the way........I couldn't find the sound clips.
They are links to box net at the bottom of the description.
on eBay hammy219p wrote:Please feel free to ask me any questions. Price includes shipping worldwide, and whistle comes packed in a cardboard poster tube. I can accept payment by PayPal, or directly by credit card. ( phone details through to +353 (0) 26 45209, 9am -9pm GMT) Caoine na dTrí Muire ( http://www.box.net/shared/na59r91l6p ) Little Katie Taylor (http://www.box.net/shared/uvvmbceqpo )
Or if that's still confusing...

http://www.box.net/shared/na59r91l6p
http://www.box.net/shared/uvvmbceqpo

Feadoggie
I've proven who I am so many times, the magnetic strips worn thin.
plamas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by plamas »

In fact I was trying to figure out how to make the links live so that you could just click on them...anybody know how to do this? It's weird that they're coming up live in Feadoggies quote!
Hammy
plunk111
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Love playing trumpet and modern flute at church as well as Irish trad flute in a band. Been playing Irish trad and 18th century period music for about 15 years.

Post by plunk111 »

Hammy:

You'd have to insert the html code in your eBay ad to make it "live"...

Pat
Pat Plunkett, Wheeling, WV
khl
Tell us something.: Longtime member of Chiff and Fipple. I own/have owned more whistles than a person should, I think. But I’m not complaining.

Post by khl »

:) :) Thanks for letting us know of the posting on ebay. :) :) (Will wait in patient anxiousness.)
Keith
rh

Post by rh »

I got one of these from Doc some weeks back and i just love it. I did a couple quick and dirty clips, but the whistle is capable of much more than i can get out of it.

reel
noodling

The only thing i didn't like was that the delrin edges on the mouthpiece were a little sharp, but a few swipes of extra fine sandpaper and everything was jake.
there is no end to the walking
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

Yes the timing is bad for me as well as I just bought an MK Low D and a C uilleann chanter!

I'd love to try one of Hammy's Low Ds. If they're anything like his flutes they're terrific.

Hey does anyone own a Hammy and a Burke and/or an MK who could do a Road Test review?

I've still to find the "perfect Low D whistle" (as if such a thing could exist). I'm torn between the Burke with it's resounding powerful bottom D and the ease of play, tone, air efficiency, and digital clarity of the MK.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
khl
Tell us something.: Longtime member of Chiff and Fipple. I own/have owned more whistles than a person should, I think. But I’m not complaining.

Post by khl »

My Hamilton Low D arrived today--from Ireland to the middle of the Pacific. :thumbsup: I don't have time to do a review right now (I'm under the gun for a paper that must be done by Monday and I've only had about twenty minutes to play it anyway), only to say that this is fine work. One thing that strikes me immediately is how balanced it is across the octaves--even moves into the lower half of the third octave with relative ease. Thanks Hammy.
Keith
usfenderfsdlx

Post by usfenderfsdlx »

khl wrote:My Hamilton Low D arrived today--from Ireland to the middle of the Pacific. :thumbsup: I don't have time to do a review right now (I'm under the gun for a paper that must be done by Monday and I've only had about twenty minutes to play it anyway), only to say that this is fine work. One thing that strikes me immediately is how balanced it is across the octaves--even moves into the lower half of the third octave with relative ease. Thanks Hammy.
That's brilliant. 3rd octave access is so important, IMO. 3rd octave D and E are and important part of Davy Spillane's very famous opening lines in the beginning of "Reel Around the Sun," opening up the riverdance show.
chris_coreline
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by chris_coreline »

rh wrote:I got one of these from Doc some weeks back and i just love it. I did a couple quick and dirty clips, but the whistle is capable of much more than i can get out of it.

reel
noodling

The only thing i didn't like was that the delrin edges on the mouthpiece were a little sharp, but a few swipes of extra fine sandpaper and everything was jake.
have you got a name for that reel? its lovley! well played on what sounds to be a great instrument.
rh

Post by rh »

thanks for the nice comment. it's "swinging on a gate", i think, or at least it was supposed to be. :)
there is no end to the walking