Alba Windway Change?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
drewcifer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by drewcifer »

I just got an Alba Tenor D (second hand) and had seen mention of a recent change in windway length. Is there an easy way to tell which version of the whistle you have?

-Drew

P.S. I rather like the Alba, and am anciously awaiting Loren's re-evaluation.

Post by Guest »

On 2002-10-28 14:33, drewcifer wrote:
I just got an Alba Tenor D (second hand) and had seen mention of a recent change in windway length. Is there an easy way to tell which version of the whistle you have?

-Drew
Drew.
The latest modles no longer have the turned rings, instead they have a taper turned at the end.
I can tell which batch your one came from by the marks stamped on the back.
Enjoy your whistle, we have made and sold around 500 low D's, and lots of folk realy like them, yes the latest ones are easer on the wind but that is not to say all that went before was rubbish.
Yes I would like for Loren to be impressed, but I fear that might be a tough nut to crack,we will soon Know however as its on its way today.
All the best
:roll:
Wizzy

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wizzy on 2002-10-29 03:50 ]</font>
drewcifer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by drewcifer »

On 2002-10-29 03:48, wizzy wrote:
The latest modles no longer have the turned rings, instead they have a taper turned at the end.
Oh, Neat. Is there a picture of them on the web anywhere?
we have made and sold around 500 low D's
Does that mean mine is now a <i>limited edition</i> collectors item? :smile:

yes the latest ones are easer on the wind but that is not to say all that went before was rubbish.
Does the change significaly alter the sound/volume?

Best,
-Drew