Milwaukee Irish Fest

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Duffy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Milwaukee Irish Fest

Post by Duffy »

Nice to be called a regular. I don't know if I'll make it this year. Having a Heart Cath done Friday Morning. It's a terrible thing to pass on but the Doctor is of middle east decent and not old enough to understand how much the Irish influenced his heritage. If I make it my grandson will be pushing a big guy with a Cubs cap and a green backpack full of whistles (including the Alba I recently won).

Hope springs eternal. I'd hate to miss Natalie, Gaelic Storm, Frogwater, and so many others including Celtic Keep. If I'm not there - pretend - and set out an extra glass.

Mike
nancymae

Post by nancymae »

Duffy, my prayers will be with you on Friday morning, I will for sure raise a glass to you! Sorry we didn't hook up last year..too much to do in so little time! I loved it. This year my hubby is joining me...we finally got a van that is wheel chair accessible...so we have been driving everywhere since Spring!

The doc's are doing great things with the heart...you will come out fine...I know you will!

Please log in when you feel better and let us know how you are!

Nancy

PS: We will be there on Friday night..if anyone wants to meet! Maybe Sat too...will check the website for postings and meeting places!
Duffy

Post by Duffy »

Yea Nancy one of these days we'll get it right. Still looking forward the meeting you guys.

Isn't mobility great. When you finally can, you run around everywhere you've been wanting to go and then some.

I'll really miss Irish Fest this year, I've gone at least 3 days every year for five years. My grandson is having serious withdrawl over the possibility of missing "Storm" but I think we have something worked out.

Mike
apack

Post by apack »

Are meeting times and places set? I will be there all weekend as well and would love to get together with some C&F'ers and try out some different whistles.
KNQuail

Post by KNQuail »

Sure wish I could be there! My new favorite band, Pogey will be playing. No whistles in the band, but they put on a good show regardless!
sjcavy
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes and I have become obsessed with them. But now the antispam software is just irritating the hell out of me so I am typing random crap to get past the minimum 100 character limit.

Post by sjcavy »

I'll be looking forward to hanging out with some of my fellow c and f'ers. I'll bring my new Cocus Oz whistle and my Greenwood High D. Harper D too? Maybe a Low D Burke?

I'll just bring a bunch. plus a gorgeous set of highland pipes.

Sean
Just a newbie making his way through the world.
apack

Post by apack »

Well, heading out here to drive up to the Fest from Chicago. Will look for you all on Saturday eve. Should be pretty easy to find me, as I'll be wearing a tweed kilt that opens on the wrong (left) side, tan or light grey shirt, beard, glasses, and probably a tweed hat as well. I'll bring along a couple of whistles too.

Hope to see you there!

Cheers,
--Aaron