St Patrick's Day Parade

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Infernaltootler
antispam: No

St Patrick's Day Parade

Post by Infernaltootler »

Just thought I'd say how very chuffed I was to take part in a St Patrick's Day parade on Saturday in Bletchley, Milton Keynes, UK.

As part of the Irish Music School we all had to sit on the back of a flat bed truck and play our reportoire of 7 tunes (the group are mostly beginnners) in the first ever St Pat's Parade organised by MK Irish Centre.

It was a lovely afternoon. We all managed to hear each other and play together and everyone cheered and when we went past the church a wedding party came out and went absolutely mad with joy.

We arrived at the band stand and listened to the Major etc, a band named Cerridwen and then all leapt on the double decker bus back to the centre for food.

Hurrah!! The party went on late into the night and a good craic was had by all.

Anyone else doing something for St Patricks?
Finally feel like I'm getting somewhere. It's only taken 6 years.
Duffy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: St Patrick's Day Parade

Post by Duffy »

Marched Saturday in the annual parade along with the Son's of Erin. One member (a pub owner) brought along the band he had brought in for the evening, to play from a flatbed. Brought along my whistle but too cold, windy, and loud to do much. For the third year in a row my grandson walked beside me with the dog dressed for the occasion. The dog always get the most attention. He a very mixed breed that we tell people is a booze hound. Huge crowd this year with better than usual weather on the shore of Lake Michigan, but not as many parade units; only about 45. A great time was had by all.

Mike