A (Sweet) whistle of one's own

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
fyffer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

A (Sweet) whistle of one's own

Post by fyffer »

So, Now I've done it. I just bought my first "real" whistle.

Up til now, my few whistles have all been the under-ten-dollar variety, and have served their purpose well. However, I suddenly found myself with a surplus in the instrument cash department*, and I was at the Sweetheart Flute company shop, and these pretty little black whistles were calling my name.

I think I'm in love. I never knew that I (a pretty good fifer and a fair fluter) could make a whistle sound so pretty. I'm not enough of an expert to give as detailed and accurate a review as was presented here recently (See thread), but I recommend it highly to anyone who wants an indestructable, beautiful sounding whistle.

I also tried out the Fife head that is sold with it optionally, but I didn't care for it. To each his own, I s'pose, so YMMV.

*I just sold back a $500 flute, and bought a $100 fife, leaving me with $400 "instrument credit". It's the only way I can rationalize spending money on instruments these days.
___\|/______________________________
|___O____|_O_O_o_|_o_O__O__|_O__O__|
Lyn D
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: A (Sweet) whistle of one's own

Post by Lyn D »

Hi Fyffer,

In December, I was at the Sweet's, and I got the WD Sweet Trio....the whistle and fife combo. The whistle is really nice and sweet and has NO CLOGGING ISSUES!!!!!!! I have to say that my favorite is the fife. I absolutely love it (but I call it a piccolo, or high flute). The Sweet's whistles just keep getting better and better.
gerardo1000

Post by gerardo1000 »

I can't wait for them to design a plastic low D whistle !
macwarner57
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by macwarner57 »

Be careful what you wish for...