FS: B. Overton whistles...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Connemara

FS: B. Overton whistles...

Post by Connemara »

Received whistles as gifts over the holiday's. Purchased cost was more in England.

Non-tunables:
Baritone C - selling for $300.00 us
Bass A - selling for $375.00 us
Forward e-mails to: irelandsthebestplace@yahoo.com

Thanks
Last edited by Connemara on Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MTGuru
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: FS: New Bernard whistles...

Post by MTGuru »

What is a "Bernard whistle"? Never heard of it. Overton?

A low C and low-low A would indeed be monsters.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
michael ward
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: FS: B. Overton whistles...

Post by michael ward »

Is the baritone C narrow or large bore? Where they made by Colin Goldie? thankyou.

Sorry I just noticed they're none tuneable..it's early!
Connemara

Post by Connemara »

Large bore...Bernard Overton.
Connemara

Re: FS: Overton whistles...alto F added...rest reduced...

Post by Connemara »

All very new with "Reduced" prices:

non-tunables
Bass A - $300.00 (original cost was $450.00) (includes shipping anywhere). Flute like.
Baritone C - $200.00 (original cost was $375) (includes shipping anywhere) Flute like tone.
Low F - $ 170.00 (original cost was $250.00) (includes shipping anywhere). Very sweet sounding & loud. Excellent F.

I hate to let them all go. If they do not sell here w/ reduced prices I will sell on ebay soon. Bernards whistles are now collectors items for serious players!

Except paypal or money orders.

Thx
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

I don't have any knowledge of Connemara and I'm sure he/she is perfectly fine, but I would just like to stick a reminder in here about being cautious when buying from someone who has a very low post count and they're all about whistles for sale. Folks have been burned here in the past and I'm sure Connemara won't resent a reminder to our members to be cautious.

Susan
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Just a few notes of explanation for the mystified. for quite a while, Overtons were made independently by both Bernard Overton and Colin Goldie. If they were made by Bernard they weren't made by Colin although Colin might have repaired or revoiced an instrument made by Bernard. Fans of Colin's Whistles need not be frightened to try Bernard's.

I don't know about a low A but a low C can be quite playable. I have a Howard which I love but you do need to educate the hands to make the stretch.
Connemara

Post by Connemara »

All is well...ofcourse I'm new here.

I don't blame you for being careful in buying from someone. I have nowhere to run and I live in Wheaton, IL. Only here to sell whistles. They're great low whistle's. I would forward a full refund if they are not what you guys want. Can you imagine this, I never even got the chance to explore these whistles. Just got em. I need money to pay off my deductible (car accident and whistles MUST go). Still, they are big for my hands.

There's some interest in the low C and bass A. I guess will see what happens. For the reduced prices I am sure that they will go. I'll place em on ebay sometime soon.

See ya later.
Connemara

Post by Connemara »

For those who e-mailed regarding the Bass A and Baritone C. I Can only except money orders now...my past paypal acct is no longer active. I cancelled my capital one credit card 6 mths ago...Thx to all who e-mailed.

Hope that this works for those interested from here out.
Thx
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

Connemara: At this point, I'd suggest you put them on eBay as you said, or try selling them on consignment through someplace like the Irish Flute Store. I think many Chiffboard readers may be wary of entering a cash transaction with an unknown first-time poster with sketchy knowledge of the whistles and financial snags.

Thanks and good luck,
MTGuru / Moderator
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
ahogrelius
Tell us something.: I'm just trying to update my profile. I need to change my location since I no longer is living in Sweden. I'm still playing the whistle though for the most time I'm just a lurker on the Chiff and Fipple board.

Post by ahogrelius »

Connemara will have to accept PayPal to be able to list the whistles on eBay. Under their accepted payments policy you are required to accept PayPal and money orders are only considered optional. http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/acc ... olicy.html
IMHO I believe we should have a similar policy when selling instruments on the C&F forum as PayPal at least gives the buyer some protection. Whenever someone says that they only will accept money orders or wire transfers that immediately makes that seller a bit suspect.

Cheers,
Anders
If tin whistles are made of tin, what are foghorns made of?
Connemara

Post by Connemara »

Thanks for the info regarding paypal and ebay. I do have a friend that will help with the ebay sell...I think its the best place to sell them instead of here. Didnt realize that it would be this complicated. I'll be sure to have some very clear pics.

I heard that many Bernard Overton fans out there would enjoy having them. Its to bad because you are passing up some really great whistles here...but all is well.

Need to leave now...ebay will feature them soon. No need to purchase here.
Thx
hoopy mike

Post by hoopy mike »

Pity.

For all of you who missed out on the sale of the millennium, here's another bargain. With the favourable exchange rate, who'll start the bidding for this genuine English antique?
Denny

Post by Denny »

do ya have anything a bit smaller Mike?

I've just this wee stream here.
DrPhill
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by DrPhill »

Oh dear, not in blue. Have you got it in red?
Phill

One does not equal two. Not even for very large values of one.