Thornton Whistle CP and workshop news

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
tompipes
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Thornton Whistle CP and workshop news

Post by tompipes »

Hi all.
I've been busy with touring and making uilleann pipes lately and got to whistles, but, I do have some if anyone wants to check them out at any of our concerts while I'm touring with Teada this month.

We'll be here.....
17 WE St. Louis MO Focal Point Concert Series
18 TH Kansas City MO Arts Midwest Conference showcases
20 SA Winnipeg Canada Winnipeg Folk Festival
21 SU Winnipeg Canada Winnipeg Folk Festival
22 MO Ottawa Canada (workshops) http://irishmusicottawa.blogspot.com/20 ... ation.html
26 FR Bethlehem PA Celtic Classic
27 SA Bethlehem PA Celtic Classic
28 SU Bethlehem PA Celtic Classic

Hope to see some of you along the way.

Tommy
Feadoggie

Post by Feadoggie »

Tommy,

I'll look for you in Bethlehem then. I'd like to try your whistles.

Feadoggie
I've proven who I am so many times, the magnetic strips worn thin.
Feadoggie

Post by Feadoggie »

I had the opportunity to see Teada with Tommy Martin playing the pipes and whistle this past weekend at our local festival. I have seen Teada several times in the past and I really like the playing of Oisin Mac Diarmada. But it had been about four years since I last saw the group. Teada have chnaged over that time. The playing has matured a bit and of course there were new faces on stage. This was my first time to hear Damien Stenson on flute. He's got such good tone and a great touch. And Tommy really fills out the overall sound with the pipes. Teada will be back in the states later this year for a few Christmas shows and I am planning on getting to one of those. I'd highly recommed seeing them.

I had a chance to chat with Tommy after the show on Friday and to try out his Thornton high D whistle. Thanks, Tommy. We talked about whistle making a bit too. Tommy makes a nice whistle. If you are looking for a high whistle with a traditional sound you should keep Tommy in mind.

Feadoggie
I've proven who I am so many times, the magnetic strips worn thin.
Craig Stuntz
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Craig Stuntz »

Feadoggie wrote:Teada have chnaged over that time. The playing has matured a bit and of course there were new faces on stage. This was my first time to hear Damien Stenson on flute. He's got such good tone and a great touch.
I agree. Téada, to my ears, sound like a new band. To some degree, they are a new band.

-Craig