What whistle do YOU love?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Wilsing
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

What whistle do YOU love?

Post by Wilsing »

What whistle....that you own....do you LOVE....? I mean....THAT one whistle.... the one you would NEVER part with....The whistle that brings YOU the most joy and pleasure in your life? THAT whistle.... that at the end of the day, brings peace and serenity to your soul when you play it? THAT whistle.... that one whistle.... that understands YOU and your moods? Which whistle....do you pick up.... and play.... from your heart?

James

A Stor Mo Chroi.............
Skyclad01
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm just telling you something here so the 'Tell us something ' field can be completed.

Post by Skyclad01 »

Though my collection is small, and I havent been able to try other whistles than what I own. So far for me, it would be my Susato Kildare D whsitle. That may change though when the day comes that I can afford a Burk DASBT D whistle.
CrazedHavoc
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by CrazedHavoc »

It's a toss up for me so it's not quite fair, but I love my Hoover Narrow bore brass and my Generation Bb.
"The death of beauty is just not possible even amongst all of the ugliness that is and can be."
arnie

Post by arnie »

My Bernard Overton low D is priceless for me. My Sindt has the ultimate traditional sound I love so much and my Burke Composite C is the easiest player I know and the composite material gives a most beautiful woody sound.
BillChin

Post by BillChin »

I'm probably most attached to my Susato and Clarke original, though "love" might be too strong an adjective. I also have two Burkes, a Hoover, a Generation, a Sweetheart, a Chieftain, a Hoover whitecap, an Elfsong, and another Susato.
Welshman

Post by Welshman »

Undoubtedly my new low D Dixon tunable! Oh and my pet hate - the worst buy I ever made - a Shaw high C - YUKKK!

D
hoopy mike

Post by hoopy mike »

They say you never forget your first time, but my favourite whislte is the second whistle I bought - a Clarke's Celtic Sweetone (in D). The tone is right for the style of music I play, it's easy to play, and hits the second octave notes every time. If it has a fault, it's the green paint job, but looks are only skin deep.

stay hoopy,
Mike
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

My Overton A.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

There are several whistles I would truly hate to lose, but so far, only one whistle stand alone in that it has amazed me, each and every time I play it: my Overton high D.

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
henryz

Post by henryz »

My home-brew CPVC head/Gen D tube concoctions. My favorite commercial whistle is a Hoover Whitecap on a CPVC barrel, followed closely by a Dixon Trad.

Crap list: Walton's Little Black, untweaked Feadog D.
hydromel89

Post by hydromel89 »

My Lemeur high D... then, quite close comes my MK low D and well behind my burke high D.
dryer

Post by dryer »

Susato Kildare high D and a couple of Sweetones. I've played other high and low end whistles and the Susato and Clarkes are most consistant and pleasing, for me. Guess that's why they do well in the C&F poll.
The Sweetones work well for quiet / microphone stuff and the Susato is like the 'Marshall amp stack' of whistles for session playing.
Boiling it down to one, the Susato comes out of the bag most often.
markbell

Post by markbell »

Clarke Original D - played so much that the gold printing has worn away

Hoover Low E - I got to "help" while Mack built the whistle for me

Chieftain Low D - very warm, almost "smokey" tone
sibilo ergo sum
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Right now it's my Sindt D

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
walrii

Post by walrii »

PhilO wrote:Right now it's...
Exactly.
The Walrus

What would a wild walrus whistle if a walrus could whistle wild?

The second mouse may get the cheese but the presentation leaves a lot to be desired.