In love with my Generation Bb whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
CrazedHavoc
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

In love with my Generation Bb whistle

Post by CrazedHavoc »

It plays just perfectly.. I love the sound of it. I had a hard time adjusting to it from practicing my High D whistles... a really hard time. I've been practicing it for a few days, and can actually play it decently now. Although, i know nothing about nickel whistles... i bought the brass red top. Every time i practice any of my whistles, (and they are all cheapies, kind of. except the Susato) i just don't want to put them down. What is that all about??

Also, Mack is currently making me a Narrow bore brass soprano D, so that i can practice without disturbing my neighbors. I'm looking very forward to receiving it and practicing it.. Hopefully it arrives on one of my days off. haha.

My rolls, cuts and taps are coming along a lot better now... didn't really have a problem with slides..

Ok, so I'm wondering if it is just me that feels this way about not wanting to put down their own whistles every time they play them..? or whether it's common and part of WhOA?
"The death of beauty is just not possible even amongst all of the ugliness that is and can be."
ziggysp2000
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by ziggysp2000 »

My friend, everything in life is relevant to WhOA ;) But yes, the same thing happeened to me and some of my whistles. For instance i got an alba low D the other day and for somereason i am not sure about the sound, but i keep picking it up so I must like it :P
Ian Wilson
"If only my skill matched my passion"
TravM63

Post by TravM63 »

this 'problem' seems to occur everytime I think 'ok just one more tune'... :)

I think my next whistle will be a Gen Bb (currently have Feadog and Clark orignial in D, Meg in C) - I've heard some samples on YouTube of the Gen Bb and they do sound very nice

I'm curious - what is the 'hard time adjusting' thing about - does it take more air or less... more squeaky... hole distances? I'm guessing you have the nickle whistle...

I'm hoping there is a vendor at Erin Feis (Irish festival in Peoria IL) this weekend and I'll buy one (or 2 or 3)... if not I'll have to order (and wait) again ...

It is fun! (which song do I add next...)
Whistle NOOB 6/21/08
Flute NOOB 3/17/10
Adrian

Re: In love with my Generation Bb whistle

Post by Adrian »

CrazedHavoc wrote:It plays just perfectly.. I love the sound of it.
Me too! It is a lot of whistle for very little moolah.
narrowdog
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by narrowdog »

I,ve recently gone back to my Gen Bb after trying one or two
others and found its just a fantastic whistle.
As for VFM you can't beat it :D Go buy one you'll never regret it.
Happiness is taking things as they are.
CrazedHavoc
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by CrazedHavoc »

To TravM63: No. i stated in the post that i purchased the brass red top Gen. The "hard time adjusting" statement was in relation to the hole distances and size of the holes, and also of the size of the instrument itself from being used to the high D.
"The death of beauty is just not possible even amongst all of the ugliness that is and can be."
kennychaffin

Post by kennychaffin »

ziggysp2000 wrote:My friend, everything in life is relevant to WhOA ;) But yes, the same thing happeened to me and some of my whistles. For instance i got an alba low D the other day and for somereason i am not sure about the sound, but i keep picking it up so I must like it :P
:D Ain't it?
Kenny A. Chaffin
Photos: http://www.kacweb.com/cgibin/emAlbum.cgi
Art: http://www.kacweb.com/pencil.html
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama
kennychaffin

Post by kennychaffin »

Just ordered a couple due to this thread and other recommendations. Will be interesting to mess around with particularly since I'm a long-time B-flat clarinet player. :)

I just they play well, seems to be hit and miss with the Generations. I have only one of three (High D) that plays well.
Kenny A. Chaffin
arnie

Post by arnie »

I have a redtop brass Gen Bb. I loosened the head and got rid of redundant plastic inside and filled the cavity under the windway. Now it's one of my favourite whistles; it's pure, direct and you can lean into it real good. I just love it!
kennychaffin

Post by kennychaffin »

arnie wrote:I have a redtop brass Gen Bb. I loosened the head and got rid of redundant plastic inside and filled the cavity under the windway. Now it's one of my favourite whistles; it's pure, direct and you can lean into it real good. I just love it!
Cool, we'll see how mine are when I get 'em!

Thanks!
Kenny A. Chaffin