Greetings from Alabama

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
McHaffie
antispam: No

Greetings from Alabama

Post by McHaffie »

Hello everyone, I am back from the ether of cyberspace so to speak.

Before anyone gets too excited, at this time I no longer have access to the materials which I used to make my whistles, nor the shop in which I used to make them. I have been relocated to Alabama since my return to my job. I have made a full recovery and consider myself an extremely lucky individual.

I am not made of money by any means. However, I will trust in the general honor and obvious checks and balances that I have always found to be true of the community of this message board.

If there was ever a point in time that you ordered a whistle from me, that I was unable to fill that order. Please contact me at the following email and tell me what you ordered for a full refund.

jmchaffie@att.net

Understand that your refund will come in the order received, as I am able to afford them, 2 weeks at a time (my pay periods) and I have set aside a good sum per pay period for this. I do not believe there should be very many left out there, but as of the time this was happening I was really not of sound mind so I am anticipating just in case.

I would and will never be one to cause harm or disappointment to anyone intentionally and I would like to sincerely apologize to anyone who may have been in the past.

Please understand that I cannot at this time make you a whistle. I hope to be relocated back home within the year and perhaps resume my dreams of being a whistlesmith, but that is far in the future, and I think I'll make sure I have a few hundred of each in inventory before I even announce such a thing. ;)

I haven't taken the time to read over the forums as of yet, but a note for any up and comer whistlesmiths... take it from someone who knows. You just might come up with something that turns out to be unique and even something people want more than you ever imagined... so be ready just in case eh? You never know what life might send your way - and if you do have to take a break from life for some reason, you don't want to disappoint those around you.

Any comments good or bad are welcome here. I would however appreciate it if you would keep your requests or inquiries to my personal email so as not to start a long discussion here in these forums that could take up a lot of room for more than one person.

All my best to everyone!
(Sorry so lengthy)

Sincerely,
John B. McHaffie
jmchaffie@att.net
Ballyshannon
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Ballyshannon »

Welcome back, John. And praise God for your recovery.

We're practically neighbors! I'm in Madison, AL. You'll have to join our Thurs night open sessions at Finnegan's Pub on South Parkway in Huntsville. It's at 3310 Memorial Parkway SW, next to Joe Davis Stadium (home of the Huntsville Stars baseball team). The sessions have been going on for years and we usually have a great turnout with some fine musicians and appreciative crowd. We've had some excellent musicians from all over the world join us and you never know who may drop in. It's an easy-going fun session I'm sure you'd enjoy and you're most welcome. Free Guinness (or whatever you want) for all session musicians!! That in itself is worth the trip.:P Starts around 7pm.

Let me know when you can make it and I'll plan to be there. In fact, send a PM and I'll give you my phone#.

Sláinte,
Denny Cannon
Jerry Freeman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Greetings from Alabama

Post by Jerry Freeman »

McHaffie wrote:I have made a full recovery ... .
John, this is tremendous news.

I can't tell you how glad I am to read these words.

Best wishes,
Jerry
McHaffie

Post by McHaffie »

Thank you for your kind words Jerry it is good to speak / type with you again :D

And...

Ballyshannon wrote:Welcome back, John. And praise God for your recovery.

We're practically neighbors! I'm in Madison, AL.

Sláinte,
Denny Cannon
That's incredible! I live in Somerville, not 30 min away from Huntsville!! I'd be delighted to come!! I'll send a PM in a bit :)

Take care all and thanks again for the well wishes!
John
"Remember... No matter where you go... there you are..."
-Buckaroo Banzai
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Excellent news!

Glad to see you back!
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
kennychaffin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by kennychaffin »

John, I do not know you but admire you tremendously based simply on this posting and the replies of others. Excellent that you have make a full recovery and I wish you well in all your endeavors!

Enjoy!
Kenny A. Chaffin
Photos: http://www.kacweb.com/cgibin/emAlbum.cgi
Art: http://www.kacweb.com/pencil.html
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama