I'm thinking about selling everything I own.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
JessieK
antispam: No

I'm thinking about selling everything I own.

Post by JessieK »

We're buying a house in Woodstock. It would be nice to not have a mortgage. If we decide to do it that way, I have to sell almost everything I own. If I do it, some will go to eBay and some will be listed here. I don't have many flutes left, but I still have quite a few superb whistles. In any case, the instruments I still have are my favorites. Be prepared.

:)
~JessieD
Bloomfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

Any Feadogs? I'd be interested. :)

How are the wee nippers?
/Bloomfield
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

They're great, thanks. :)
~JessieD
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Jessie!

Hi.

Best wishes,
Jerry
devondancer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by devondancer »

Hi, Jessie, I know you don't know me but, having read back through the boards I feel I know you - and many others - quite well! When we moved to Devon we did exactly that: sold everything possible and bought our house without a mortgage. It is so worth it. My husband is retired (early) and I am able to work part time as we only have the bills and living expenses to meet; no worries about paying that mortgage. If you can do it, do! You will have more time and what money you do have will go further. Good luck.
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Jessie! You've been missed.
I can't believe you have anything left after that last huge sale a couple
years ago. I'll probably be snapping up some of your lovely whistles
*rubs hands greedily*

It's a good time to buy a house!

Wait... if I read the OP right, you have enough cash tied up in sellable
goods that you could buy a house outright? Wow! That's amazing!
Last edited by fearfaoin on Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Hi, Jerry! :)

Devondancer, my husband is also retired (early). We have a jewelry business that is, by definition, part time, which is nice. So, yes, that's the idea...no mortgage so we don't have to feel pressured if people slow down on buying jewelry! Interestingly, we just thought of the no-mortgage idea yesterday after a long meeting with a mortgage broker. There are complications (inaccurate open things on both of our credit reports that we don't even know how to track down) that make us nervous about being able to buy the house we have found in a timely manner, so we are taking some time to decide if we want to put all of our eggs in one basket (they say it's good to diversify financially). We'll see. We'll decide in the next couple of days.

As for whistles, I still have all of my favorites. My beloved Abell will not be sold, but many others will (if we decide to do this).

~Jessie
~JessieD
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Hi, Jessie!

Nice to hear from you. Good luck! :D

Tom
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
Byll
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

I have missed you, Jessie.
Be well - and best wishes for success in your endeavor.

Byll
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979
Brewster
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Brewster »

Best of luck to you and your family! I hope all goes well.

I'm still playing the whistle that I bought from you during your big sale a couple years ago. It's the best one I own!

B.
benbrad

Post by benbrad »

Jessie, I still have the Greewood whistle that I bought from you a couple of years ago and I consider it to be my best whistle. I hope you can get your new home without a mortgage. I am semi-retired and still have my payments to deal with. Good luck.
Ben
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

Is there a Rose?
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

FJohnSharp wrote:Is there a Rose?
Yes, there is.
~JessieD
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

I don't know if real estate prices have dropped there (as they have here), but I think your idea sounds pretty wise if they have. And I don't think whistle prices have dropped, though perhaps things might not move as quickly. Good luck!

I like Woodstock, though I also like the area where you live, around New Paltz (if you are still there).
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

The Weekenders wrote:I don't know if real estate prices have dropped there (as they have here), but I think your idea sounds pretty wise if they have. And I don't think whistle prices have dropped, though perhaps things might not move as quickly. Good luck!

I like Woodstock, though I also like the area where you live, around New Paltz (if you are still there).
Yes, real estate is down here in Woodstock. We have lived in Woodstock for over a year, though we just sold our Pine Bush house in February. It was unoccupied for a year (geez).

I have some treasures left and I hope people will be eager to have them. :)
~JessieD