Tweaked Sweetone?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
TurtleT

Tweaked Sweetone?

Post by TurtleT »

I'm about to purchase a "Tweaked Sweetone" key of D. Decent Whistle? I have a couple of generations that have a lot of milage.

Turtle T
Bothrops
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Bothrops »

I have a Clarke Sweetone in D which was a gift from a friend of this forum, and I like it quite a lot. It has a particular tone, different to my other whistles. It's rather quiet and 'breathy'.
I assume that those 'tweaked' ones should be even better. So, if the price is good, you can go for it and try it, they're cheap!
King_Toe

Post by King_Toe »

I just bought a jerry freeman sweetone as my first whistle and couldn't be happier. The tweaked version requires much less air and is generally more "solid" to play. I feel like the thing plays itself, honestly.

My comparisons aren't extensive, but I think it's miles above my friends' original one-piece clarke whistle as well as my other friend's $75 ABS whistles.

http://www.tinwhistler.com has reviews on jerry freeman's whistles. Just go to "Reviews" and select the whistle from the menu.

I recommend the thing. At $15 bucks, it's a wonder.
"A song with a chorus is the only perfectly democratic institution in the world"
--G.K. Chesterton
TurtleT

Post by TurtleT »

Thank you both for the input. I did order it online. "The Whistle Shop" is currently out of stock so I'll have to wait a couple of weeks.

By the way, My old Generations (D and C) are sounding particularly sqeaky. Aside from "user error" is there a way to clean the plastic mouthpeice and should that be done?

T T
iwanttotoot

Post by iwanttotoot »

Hi,

I bought mine from ebay. Here's one for sale.

I love this whistle and also my Jerry Freeman's tweaked shaw is just as good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %26ps%3D41