FYI - Lunasa in Alexandria VA Tuesday night...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Brinn

FYI - Lunasa in Alexandria VA Tuesday night...

Post by Brinn »

In case there are local Lundasa fans out there - Lunasa is performing at the Birchmere in Alexandria, Virginia on March 4th, Tuesday at 7:30. When I got my tickets, there were still some left. The Birchmere is a great venue for Lunasa because instead of sitting in nice, straight, boring rows, there are tables with chairs, and a tasty menu if you're also needing dinner. People have been known to pop up and dance a jig now and then too!
Tucson Whistler
antispam: No

Post by Tucson Whistler »

That is so not fair. Have fun!!
"Life is far too important to be taken seriously"
~Oscar Wilde
wvwhistler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by wvwhistler »

What a pisser! Maybe I should've gotten tickets for the Wednesday show for Cherish The Ladies at Wolftrap instead of Tuesday!! :sniffle:
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
"All the world's a stage, and most of us are desperately unrehearsed." - Sean O'Casey
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

The Birchmere is a nice play to see a show. I saw Robert Fripp and the League of Crafty Guitarists there last year.
Brinn

Post by Brinn »

wvwhistler.....Lunasa is also performing at the Reston Community Center's Centerstage on March 12. (Reston, Virginia)
wvwhistler

Post by wvwhistler »

Brinn wrote:wvwhistler.....Lunasa is also performing at the Reston Community Center's Centerstage on March 12. (Reston, Virginia)
Oh well! I'll just have to wait for the next tour. I can't take two Tuesdays in a row off. (cough, cough...wheeez, sniffle but boss..I really am sick!)
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
"All the world's a stage, and most of us are desperately unrehearsed." - Sean O'Casey
seisflutes

Post by seisflutes »

I'll be at both of these Lunasa gigs... heh heh :D
tompipes
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by tompipes »

The Birchmere is a nice play to see a show.
I'm very much looking forward to playing a show there in September. Getting exicted!

Tommy
KBR

Lunasa

Post by KBR »

Everyone,
Lunasa will also be performing on Monday, March 17th at the Celtic Hall in East Greenbush, NY. Show starts at 7 p.m. These guys are having a busy month! kbr
"ain't no other place 'round dis place, like dis
place so...dis must be de place...."
Sammy Ray
Colin

Post by Colin »

In a similar vein, for any one in the area, Dervish are playing at the Crystal
Corner Bar in Madison, WI on Thursday night at 9pm.
preacher
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am in my 70s and played music since fourth grade. Paid gigs include everything starting with church solos in 4th grade, nightclubs starting 9th grade, and worship ministry. Had a 29 year career teaching high school music both choral and instrumental. I've played several instruments starting with trumpet as my main ax. I added flute, sax and keys after college. Early 2000s whistles were added to my arsenal. I'm back to playing again after a 5 year hiatus.

Post by preacher »

Hey - Lunasa was just here in Rhode Island on Sunday night and great as usual. Word to the wise - they sell out quickly.