Famous tin whistlers?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Tommy
antispam: No

Post by Tommy »

The undisputed, Dale.
Tucson Whistler

Re: Henry Mancini

Post by Tucson Whistler »

falkbeer wrote: Wouldn´t it be very interesting if, for instance, George Bush and Usama Bin Laden would play a duet on the whistle some day?
They could play The Fool's Jig :D
"Life is far too important to be taken seriously"
~Oscar Wilde
Tucson Whistler

Post by Tucson Whistler »

I could see Einstein playing :D
"Life is far too important to be taken seriously"
~Oscar Wilde
Steamwalker

Post by Steamwalker »

falkbeer wrote:
FJohnSharp wrote:Jean Luc Picard
I´m afraid I must disappoint you. Jean Luc Picard is a fictional character. He does not exist. Enterprise does not exist either. And there is no klingon empire. These films are not historical documents.
I beg to differ. Star Trek is very real, it just happens in the future. Jean-Luc Picard has yet to be born. The Klingon Empire is very real, Humans just haven't come across their people yet. I even have an aquarium made from transparent aluminum thanks to Scotty visiting us in the late 80s.
ctladies
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love Irish music and I love to play the whistle! I met Dale and now he is the main man of whistlers. I can't wait to get back on the road again as this coronavirus is the worst!

Post by ctladies »

What about Willy Wonka!!!! :lol:

I can't name famous whistlers, but, I will say that Paul Simon came up to me once after a gig and was blown away by the sound of the whistle...to quote him..."that sound moved me....really moved me and I'm not moved easily...." Also, Eric Clapton tapped me on my shoulder when we played Bob Dylan's party and asked to see my whistles...thought they were amazing...and finally, I know Bill Clinton likes the whistle - but then again, what normal human being wouldn't!

:)

Joanie Madden
pao
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by pao »

Tucson Whistler wrote:Image

I could see Einstein playing :D

ooh ooh, and he's using Walton's :P
落とされた天使
falkbeer

Post by falkbeer »

Steamwalker wrote:
falkbeer wrote:
FJohnSharp wrote:Jean Luc Picard
I´m afraid I must disappoint you. Jean Luc Picard is a fictional character. He does not exist. Enterprise does not exist either. And there is no klingon empire. These films are not historical documents.
I beg to differ. Star Trek is very real, it just happens in the future. Jean-Luc Picard has yet to be born. The Klingon Empire is very real, Humans just haven't come across their people yet. I even have an aquarium made from transparent aluminum thanks to Scotty visiting us in the late 80s.
Oh, I didn´t know... Then I must apologize! :)
Transparent aluminum, how about that.
The future is bright - let´s buy shades!
http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/cgi-bin/wh ... usclassics
kenny

Renko

Post by kenny »

Some of you must remember "Hill Street.Blues". I seem to recall the actor who played Detective Renko - Charles Haid, [or possibly Haig ] - appearing playing the whistle in an issue of Comhaltas' magazine "Treoir".
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
Ctrl Alt Del

Post by Ctrl Alt Del »

Steamwalker wrote:...I even have an aquarium made from transparent aluminum thanks to Scotty visiting us in the late 80s...
Now that would make a cool whistle, shame he didn't visit some of our great whistle makers! :lol:
I find that I need rebooting every now and then!
mac59

Post by mac59 »

Anthony Field of The Wiggles

Don't think he's famous? Ask a 3 year old.