Request thread. Will you please make a video of...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
KatieBell
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Request thread. Will you please make a video of...

Post by KatieBell »

I thought I'd make a thread for requests. Please feel free to add your own requests here of tunes you would like to see in a video. If you are one of the experienced players, please consider it a fun challenge and choose one every once in a while to upload.

The YouTube Whistle Players group has over 700 videos right now (and amazingly, I've watched almost all of them!), but I've noticed a lot of duplication. Inishmore, Star of the County Down, Concerning Hobbits, and anything done by Ryan Duns take up a number of them. A healthy amount of Latinos playing along to their favorite songs rounds out the majority of videos.

So I'll start. I would really like to see some flying fingers with someone playing Dulamon. The ABC, sheet music, and midi can be found here:
http://www.blackflute.com/music/tunes/r ... lamon.html

Any takers?
To be on a quest is nothing more or less than to become an asker of questions. -Keen
pipersgrip
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by pipersgrip »

i will get right on that
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan
breqwas

Post by breqwas »

...of Sonny's Masurka. I have some recordings, but can't get how to play it on whistle.
brianholton
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brianholton »

I'd like to hear someone playing the High Level Hornpipe.

I've just added my own videos ot he group. They're also at http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=baholton

bh
brianholton
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brianholton »

I'd like to hear someone playing the High Level Hornpipe.

I've just added my own videos to the group. They're also at http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=baholton

bh
KatieBell

Post by KatieBell »

The Whistle Collector wrote:i will get right on that
Hooray!

How is it coming?
To be on a quest is nothing more or less than to become an asker of questions. -Keen
rance

Posted Topic

Post by rance »

I would like to see/hear Bean Dubh an Ghleanna (The Dark Woman of the Valley). Paddy Moloney plays it on the Tin Whistles CD, but I cannot transcribe it because it is beyond my skill level, he's using a Bb whistle, and I don't have a Bb. If I could watch it as well as hear it I think I could transcribe it and learn it. Thanks.