Backwards Roll?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
MagicSailor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by MagicSailor »

Hi
s1m0n wrote:. A music robust enough to tolerate this much variation between instruments in a session (or solo) and remain recogniseable can accomodate someone rolling a whistle backwards.
Someone went through the anchorage in a motorboat (stinkpotter) and my LTW just rolled off the table (the C body with the sweet/quiet head on it). No harm done except I had to readjust the fipple. I didn't see the start of the roll though, so don't know whether it was forwards or backwards.

Could this be a new sporting event? Rolling your whistle between two pints of Guinness. The pints would be useful for when you need to whet your whistle.

I'll shut up now.

Happy Whistleblowing (and rolling)

Regards,

Owen Morgan
Yacht Magic
Anchored in the lagoon, St Maarten

My new blog.
Click here for my latest reported position. (Use the satellite view.)
s1m0n
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

Once again, the massive superiority of the Clarke original asserts itself: a conical whistle with one flat side is a lot tougher to roll overboard.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
MagicSailor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by MagicSailor »

Hi
s1m0n wrote:Once again, the massive superiority of the Clarke original asserts itself: a conical whistle with one flat side is a lot tougher to roll overboard.
Well, I've only played one once and if it had been mine I'd probably have thrown it overboard. (That was before I'd heard of tweaking.)

Happy Whistlerolling

Regards,

Owen Morgan
Yacht Magic
Anchored in the lagoon, St Maarten

My new blog.
Click here for my latest reported position. (Use the satellite view.)