Favorite Wood Whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Strom
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Favorite Wood Whistle

Post by Strom »

Hi Everybody,
Would like to know what some of your favorite wood whistles are.
Have a Great Day,
Strom
alespa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Music has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Part of what I love about celtic/folk style music is the sound of a handful of handmade instruments that remind me of simpler times.

Post by alespa »

Greenwood D/C set in African Blackwood
There's no such thing as a stranger, just friends we have not yet met.
talasiga

Re: Favorite Wood Whistle

Post by talasiga »

Strom wrote: Would like to know what some of your favorite wood whistles are.
Why?
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
Strom

Post by Strom »

Just being curious. There seems to be a whole lot more whistles made of metal (brass, nickel or alum) or pvc and I've always liked things made of wood. Thinking of getting a wooden one and was just wondering what you liked.
Thanks,
Strom
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

Oh I see. Unfortunately I don't think you will be able to get one of my favourite wooden ones which is a maple Sweetheart D whistle. I don't think Mr Sweet is amking these any more.

My other favourite is an Australian Lancewood Syn C whistle by Mr Bartlett. A lot of posters here really love the Syn C considering them the best in the Syn range.

I also have my eyes on Bleazey (in the UK) but my wife has me grounded at the moment .....
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
BigDavy

Post by BigDavy »

talasiga wrote:Oh I see. Unfortunately I don't think you will be able to get one of my favourite wooden ones which is a maple Sweetheart D whistle. I don't think Mr Sweet is amking these any more.

My other favourite is an Australian Lancewood Syn C whistle by Mr Bartlett. A lot of posters here really love the Syn C considering them the best in the Syn range.

I also have my eyes on Bleazey (in the UK) but my wife has me grounded at the moment .....
Hi Talasiga

Get the A - it sounds lovely.

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I'm very fortunate, in terms of WhOA, as I'm not keen on wooden whistles and find metal ones far superior. I had an Bleazy D in olive wood and it was a good day when I traded it for a WW D.
Flogging Jason

Post by Flogging Jason »

Thin Weasels are my favorite....although I only own 1. Tommy Dion makes a great wooden whistle too. I got to try a few out on a tour and loved them. I'll get one eventually Tommy!
pipersgrip

Post by pipersgrip »

my favorite is O'Riordan. but you cant get those either, unless you luck out here or on ebay, and the last C/D set went for almost 1400 :o . i really like Busman and Sweetheart.
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan
pipersgrip

Post by pipersgrip »

i have also heard a lot about Greenwood, i really want one of those, but he has stopped making them. i dont know if he has permanently stopped, or just temporarily.
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan
doogieman

Post by doogieman »

Mahan cocobolo.
Beautiful, sweet tone - not tooo loud, easy to play.......... lovely
2 Blessed 2B Stressed
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

My absolute favorites are Thin Weasels in C and Bflat. For D whistles I'd be hard pressed to pick among TW, Bleazey, Busman, and Wilson. (Probably the most perfect D I owned was a Swayne -- it was so perfect that I became bored with it.) Good luck getting your hands on a Thin Weasel, and Wilsons are not only in very short supply, but are kind of a crap shoot since there were even fewer "good" ones made. The Busman is just a wonderful all-round whistle; the Bleazey is more for playing with reckless abandon.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
shadeclan

Post by shadeclan »

My absolute, top of the line, favorite whistle is a Busman in Olivewood (any key) and I hope to be able to afford one some day. :D
We've got a date with destiny . . . and it looks like she's ordered the lobster!
-Shoveler