Meeting new people

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Stanly boy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Meeting new people

Post by Stanly boy »

Anyone who would like to tell something abouth him/herself?
Hi,I am Kresimir and I like to meet and talk to pepole. Living in Croatia, student on a agriculture university, trying to play tinwhistle and bodhran
Playing tinwhistle in a irish punk band
Brian Boru

Post by Brian Boru »

Welcome to the list! I am from Canada and am trying to learn the Tin Whistle, especially the low whistle.
If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton. You may as well make it dance.
- George Bernard Shaw
pipersgrip
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by pipersgrip »

welcome, i am from Tampa, and i love Irish music and whistle. i love to talk to people, and growing vegies.
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan
straycat82

Post by straycat82 »

Greetings, nice to have another friendly C&F neighbour! I live in Arizona and I play whistle and bodrhan as well and have too many hobbies for my own good :D
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Jim Stone, St. Louis, USA, retired academic.
I play whistle and flute.

Hi, welcome!
Bill Hennessy

Post by Bill Hennessy »

Hi! I'm pretty new to whistling. I live in Bay City, Michigan. I'm a minister in a Presbyterian church here. When I get up the nerve I'm going to play once in church, but I'm not quite there yet.... Although I do enjoy singing in the middle of a sermon every now and then. :)
medit8b1

Post by medit8b1 »

Hi, I'm Kevin, I'm from Maine and I'm new to this forum as well. I hate to sound corny but it's just so awesome to think that I am talking to people from not only all over the country but all over the world while sitting at my computer at home. I am a long time musician and currently play Native American flute, Low whistle, fingerstyle guitar and I'm taking lessons on the Shakuhachi. I'm not into high/soprano whistles as I think they are to shrill. (yeah, I said that just to see how much trouble I could get in! :twisted: ) Love to try the trad flute someday, but got to try and stay somewhat focused!
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Hi Kresimir---Nice to meet you and the other new people that posted here. I'm 57 I guess and I like Irish traditional music, the sort of old time kind I guess you might call it. Not making much headway on playing it, but it would help if I practiced :wink: . I live in a pretty small town in Iowa in the US. The land in Iowa is mostly farm land---corn and soybeans and hogs and we have a large agricultural school at Iowa State University. We even have tractors that square dance at the State Fair! Other than that we are pretty normal :lol: .
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
johnnyboi

Post by johnnyboi »

Hey, I'm John, I'm 19 and from Sydney, Australia.
I'm currently a uni student doing Digital Media full time, but my hobbies include photography, ceramics, and my love of trance, hard dance, and ITM! I have an Overton low C and Shaw low D and it's my dream to be able to make lots of money from busking :D. Maybe eventually on stage lol. Oh and I also play highland pipes with the new south wales police pipe band
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Nope, nobody here is friendly :D

I'm Paul. I've been a podiatrist (foot doctor) for nearly 30 years, but will soon be starting work as an operating room nurse. Time for a change. In my spare time, I make whistles.
Welcome to the board!
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
FearNot

Hello from the good ol US of A

Post by FearNot »

I'm from Lakeland, Florida - not to far from Tampa. New (very new!) to whistling.
Bill T.

Post by Bill T. »

I'm Bill and I live in the mountains of western North Carolina, USA. At age 76 I may be the "old man" of the whistle bunch. I've been playing, just for my own pleasure for several years. It's great fun and this forum group is just about the best folks you will find anywhere!
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

I was born in Belfast, Northern Ireland (called Norn Iron these days). I studied in Edinburgh and never went back to live. Nowadays I live in the South of England.
I suffer from/enjoy Aspergers Syndrome. (I have Austistic Spectrum Disorder.) Part of that is agoraphobia, so it's rare I get to a session. I'm mean as get out, so I make my own whistles from plastic pipe, following Guido Gonzato's method (The Low-Tech Whistle site).
I enjoy Ceilidh dancing so I know most of the common rhythms. I practice whistle in the park at lunchtimes as my kids can't bear the noise. They have Aspergers' Syndrome too.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Innocent Bystander wrote:... I'm mean as get out, so I make my own whistles from plastic pipe, following Guido Gonzato's method ....
It took me a minute to get this :lol: . Where I live, "mean" means most often "really unkind" instead of "reluctant to spend money" or "cheap", as we might say it here, although being "a cheap date" would be an entirely different usage---not saying I am correct, just how it is. Anyway, I was thinking Hmmm, he never seems that mean and then Hmmm, and why does a very unkind person make his own whistles out of pipe? Okay, maybe I should go have my coffee before I post :lol: !
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Cynth wrote:
Innocent Bystander wrote:... I'm mean as get out, so I make my own whistles from plastic pipe, following Guido Gonzato's method ....
It took me a minute to get this :lol: . Where I live, "mean" means most often "really unkind" instead of "reluctant to spend money" or "cheap", as we might say it here, although being "a cheap date" would be an entirely different usage---not saying I am correct, just how it is. Anyway, I was thinking Hmmm, he never seems that mean and then Hmmm, and why does a very unkind person make his own whistles out of pipe? Okay, maybe I should go have my coffee before I post :lol: !
"Tu m'appelle Picsou!" :P (Call me Scrooge!) None of the rest of us ever fall victim to hasty posting, no, not at all.. ( :roll: )
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!