Damned

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
pjuuldk
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Damned

Post by pjuuldk »

Damned :sniffle: , Damned :moreevil: , DAMNED!!! :swear: :twisted: :swear:

Sorry for swearing but I really do feel like it.

Yesterday we were having some early christmas guests, just before the guests was arriving I took out the trash and I cut my left hand so badly, on a tin, that my whife had to drive me to the hospital. On the hospital it turned out that the cut was so deep that it had dammaged the muscles to the thumb and the wound had to be stitced with 6 stitches.

It was now up to our 2 sons to lay the table and welcome the guests. When we came home they were all sitting around the table drinking Gløgg (hot red wine with spices, Almonds and Raisins) and eating Æbleskiver (not sure how to translate that, word for word it would be apleslices, but here's a pic Image, they are realy tasty).
Well I guess the boys are'nt as bad as they sometimes are in the everyday! :D !. At least there is some sunlight in the story :thumbsup: .

Now I'm sitting here, hand all tied up in bandeges and it hurts like hell when I'm trying to play the whistle and flute :cry:. The good news is that it's just muscle damage so I'll soon be able to play again :love: :P . More sunlight :thumbsup:

TAKE CARE OFF TINCANS THEY CAN DO AUWFULL CUTS.
MAY YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD AND MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR :party: .

Greetings

Peter Juul
markbell
antispam: No

Post by markbell »

Ouch!
sibilo ergo sum
Father Emmet

Post by Father Emmet »

Sorry about your injury, ones that keep you from playing are the worst. Enjoy the Gløgg, great stuff, especially with a nice cigar.
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Aye, those tin cans are a bugger right enough. Get well soon.

(Thanks to Ikea, we can get Glogg in the UK these days!)
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
CountryKitty

Post by CountryKitty »

OUCH! Tin can be absolutely terrible--glad you can make a full recovery. Keep playing a little at a time, to help keep the scar tissue from being too tight.

And yes, kids are little devils (my girl just turned 16--Arrrgh!) but when there's a real problem, they will pitch in and be just great too.
shadeclan

Post by shadeclan »

Take care of that hand - glad to hear that no permanent damage was done! :D
We've got a date with destiny . . . and it looks like she's ordered the lobster!
-Shoveler
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

pjuuldk wrote:...and eating Æbleskiver (not sure how to translate that...
Here in Minnesota, we call them "ebleskiver". What else can you call them, after all? Well, yeah, in local restaurants that serve them, they tend to be described as "Danish apple pancakes", but they're not quite pancakes; they're more of a fritter. Only they're not deepfried. They're neither fish nor fowl, a realm unto themselves. So, "ebleskiver" must do. Any MinneScando knows what they are. Or ought to, anyway. And don't ask me to pronounce it. It won't be the same as the Danish from the Danish I've heard, and you'll laugh at me.

pjuuldk, I use this can opener:

It's a Good Cook brand safety can opener that detaches the lid rather than cutting it, and it's easy to use. You just pop off the lid with your hand when you're done, and no sharp edges. I'm sure there are other brands, but I can recommend this one, definitely. I'm very glad I bought it.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

Ah! Appleskevers... well that is what we called them.

Growing up the family would make a trip to Solvang, CA at least once a year.

Heck it was part of the reason for the road trip. :)

I have some Finn freinds that will make Glugg. Is that the same thing?

Was the tin can episode before or after the Glugg?

Glad to hear you are on the mend... careful now! :)
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

I hope your hand heals up quickly, pjuuldk. A cut on a finger is so terrible---it makes everything hard to do and it is so easy to bang it and hurt it. But what a nice thing to see that your sons were able to be the hosts when you couldn't be there----that is a good Christmas gift to know that they are civilized fellows :lol: .

That is an interesting can-opener, Nano. I'll have to look into that---I've never heard of anything other than the regular type.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
pjuuldk

Post by pjuuldk »

Thanks for the kind words everyone :D , this is an amasing place. If you need a litle sympaty, put in a few words and you will be overwelmed. Thanks.

Som comments:

Thanks for the tip about the can opener Nanohedron, but the cans was of the kind with a ring to pull and the lid comes of.
Take care of those lids, they are razor sharpe :swear: :oops: .
Aanvil Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:06 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah! Appleskevers... well that is what we called them.

Growing up the family would make a trip to Solvang, CA at least once a year.

Heck it was part of the reason for the road trip.

I have some Finn freinds that will make Glugg. Is that the same thing?

Was the tin can episode before or after the Glugg?

Glad to hear you are on the mend... careful now!
I belive that Gløgg is an inter scandinavian thing, I know they drink it in Sweden, so why not in Finland.
The tin can episode was before Gløgg and Æbleskiver, infact they had eaten allmost alle the Æbleskiver when we came home, only leaving a couple each to my whife and me.

About the Æbleskiver, to confuse the thing, it has nothing to do with apple slices, nothing at all. Why is it called that I don't know.
The pancake thing, well perhaps it's because they are made in one of theese:

Peter
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

pjuuldk wrote:Thanks for the tip about the can opener Nanohedron, but the cans was of the kind with a ring to pull and the lid comes of.
Take care of those lids, they are razor sharpe :swear: :oops: .
Smoked oysters? Sardines in mustard sauce? Yum.
pjuuldk wrote:About the Æbleskiver, to confuse the thing, it has nothing to do with apple slices, nothing at all. Why is it called that I don't know.
The pancake thing, well perhaps it's because they are made in one of theese:

Peter
Waidaminnit. Are you saying that real Danish Æbleskiver have no apple in them? When I've had them in the States, they always had little apple bits mixed in.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
pjuuldk

Post by pjuuldk »

Nanohedron wrote: Waidaminnit. Are you saying that real Danish Æbleskiver have no apple in them? When I've had them in the States, they always had little apple bits mixed in.
No apples
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Cynth wrote:That is an interesting can-opener, Nano. I'll have to look into that---I've never heard of anything other than the regular type.
I'd heard rumors of them but never seen one. I think I got it a year or two ago at a Target store, if memory serves, so you might not have to travel far afield or shop online for one. I think they're more common now than in the past. Seriously, after years of wrangling with often-temperamental and effortsome lid-cutting openers, this one is a real joy.

And yes, pjuuldk, heal up soon!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

pjuuldk wrote:
Nanohedron wrote: Waidaminnit. Are you saying that real Danish Æbleskiver have no apple in them? When I've had them in the States, they always had little apple bits mixed in.
No apples
Well, I'll be. Must be a Yank thing, then.
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

Well... they are shaped like apples. Hmmm.
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert