OT......Bagpipes?????????

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Flogging Jason
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Flogging Jason »

Bagpipes have always made my blood flow....I grew up with my dad being a competition piper. I've finally decided to learn bagpipes at 26 and he recommended that I should first buy a practice chanter and the "College of Piping Tutor" (I can't remember the author...but one of these other fine lads or lassies knows what I'm talking about I'm sure) Taking lessons from an experienced player is a good idea too.
Dave Parkhurst
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dave Parkhurst »

I started playing at age 41, and still managed to get a silver medal at the Alameda Highland Games in the MSR one year as well as an award from Clan MacDonald for best amateur piper at another gathering... although 32 might be a bit "long in the tooth" if you want to be competing in the Dan Reid Memorial, I believe you're never too old to learn and enjoy. My wife started tenor drum at age...well, let's say later than I did, and in three years tied for Champion of Champions, WUSPBA, West Coast USA. Go for it, dude....
Dave
"Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom..."
andreaz54
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by andreaz54 »

Thanks to all for your help and opinions!! Funny, when I was 34 I never thought of it as being a bit long in the tooth but I know my son does! Hes forever moaning that he's getting "old"!!

Don't think he has competition in his head at this point but I would not ever rule it out. He competes at everything he does. Type A personality you know! THey are mad!

I am passing all this on to him and we'll see what he does in the end! :D