M&E Flutes

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
viejomc
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

M&E Flutes

Post by viejomc »

We had a great visit with Michael and Evelyn Cronnolly while in Ireland. I've posted a page with photos and a few videos of Michael playing some of his instruments here: http://www.silbealabanza.com/cronnolly.html
Viejomc
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

Wow, that is really nice! You had a good time!

Could you post this to the flute forum? some folks over there would probably enjoy it, too.

M :party:
Jayhawk
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

That's too cool to see the guy who made your flute playing (I have a keyed M&E). He sounds grand.

Tell us more about your visit...did you score any home made brew?

Eric
viejomc

Post by viejomc »

Jayhawk wrote:That's too cool to see the guy who made your flute playing (I have a keyed M&E). He sounds grand.

Tell us more about your visit...did you score any home made brew?

Eric
We weren't looking for home brew, but I'm sure it's there. I have some good video of sessions in Matt Mulloy's at Westport and another of some pub in Galway. I was impressed with the passion that the musicians in Galway had. They were very enthusiastic. At Mulloys, an older gentlemen by the name of Michael Levinne sat down with us and just started singing. We also caught a concert by Ceide on accident and with their permission I was able to video their performance, ...but had to promise not to post any of it on the internet. Personal use only. We travelled all over the Republic, but spent most of our time on the coast. Two weeks is not enough time to see all that we wanted to see. Guess we'll have to go back sometime.
Viejomc
kevin m.

Post by kevin m. »

Great stuff (I own a Cronolly R & R flute,by the way).
Thanks for sharing!
"I blame it on those Lead Fipples y'know."
brotherwind

great

Post by brotherwind »

Whish I'd been there yet!