ALPHARETTA, ROSWELL, MARIETTA, NORTH ATLANTA - SESSIONS

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
billw
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

ALPHARETTA, ROSWELL, MARIETTA, NORTH ATLANTA - SESSIONS

Post by billw »

There is a new group, The Alpharetta Session, presently meeting at Meehan's Alpharetta, State Bridge and Kimball Bridge Roads. The nominal meeting days and times are:
First and third Wednesday, 8PM - 10PM

Click my WWW and press the "Alpharetta Session" button on my site to read all about it.

We have a diverse group, and we want to make it more diverse, so come to play with us, listen, have fun. It's free, so come, join, play!

Meehan's Ale House is a terrific place to bring the family, too!
Ye Olde Whistlesmith Saying:
A whistle without a fipple, is just a piece of leaky pipe!

Click the WWW and come have some fun with poems and music and now BOOKS! and check out the preeeety whistles and the T-shirts with attitude! :D
J

Post by J »

Hi Bill,

I have been looking for whistle lessons in the Atlanta area. I have a Susato high D whistle and a low D whistle. I struggle a bit with the low D and I'd like some pointers. Any chance of a lesson? Or should I wander into Meehan's sometime?

J
jlfinkels
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: How doth the little crocodile
     Improve his shining tail,
And pour the waters of the Nile
     On every golden scale!

How cheerfully he seems to grin,
     How neatly spreads his claws,
And welcomes little fishes in,
     With gently smiling jaws!

Post by jlfinkels »

J wrote:Hi Bill,

I have been looking for whistle lessons in the Atlanta area. I have a Susato high D whistle and a low D whistle. I struggle a bit with the low D and I'd like some pointers. Any chance of a lesson? Or should I wander into Meehan's sometime?

J
Slow sessions are at the Harp on Holcomb Bridge Road first and third Sundays of each month from 5-7 (http://www.roswellsession.com/). Sessions at Meehans are the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays from 8-10 (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AlpharettaSession/).

Feel free to show-up at either and enjoy the craic.

-jeff
Insanity takes its toll. Please have exact change.
billw

Post by billw »

jlfinkels wrote:
J wrote:Hi Bill,

J
Slow sessions are at the Harp on Holcomb Bridge Road first and third Sundays of each month from 5-7 (http://www.roswellsession.com/). Sessions at Meehans are the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays from 8-10 (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AlpharettaSession/).

Feel free to show-up at either and enjoy the craic.

-jeff
Yeah, what Jeff said. As to lessons, I reckon you could meet a whistle teacher there, too. There are certainly some highly talented folks at the Harp. Jeff is also way modest. He knows everything Irish musical, whether or not he admits it. I, on the other hand, just make the things. I love them dearly, but I am still, after 6 years learning to play, I still sound very much like a beginner. I'd be happy to teach you the scales, and maybe some guitar, banjo, or mando? LOL

So yeah, come to sessions. If you want to chat about it, go click the Contact Us button on my website and drop me an email through there (all fields are optionsl). If you give me an email addy, I'll respond with my phone number. Not trying to be mysterious - just don't publish anything that spammers can get. Get way enough of that! O.O

Cheers,
Bill
Ye Olde Whistlesmith Saying:
A whistle without a fipple, is just a piece of leaky pipe!

Click the WWW and come have some fun with poems and music and now BOOKS! and check out the preeeety whistles and the T-shirts with attitude! :D