OT: In Defense of JessieK

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

HI Bruce, sorry to have forgotten you.
I believe the remark you wanted to
find is in a thread entitled
'OT: Food for Thought.' It's down
aways. Best, Jim
Glandman

Post by Glandman »

Hey BruceB. Take your own advice. No need for you to keep chiming in and drawing stuff out of the previous posts and experiences. If you want to see the thread die then stop posting. It just fans the flames. Do you have some sort of agenda here? :eek:
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

GlandMan has a Point ya know.....

Loren
Arcaic Lemons
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Arcaic Lemons »

I don't think Jessie should appologize at all.

Yea, she could have written it differently but she didn't. I read her post and found no offense to it at all; what I did think was "The "feces" (I really thought a different word, but it would most likely be frowned upon)is really gonna hit the fan here". I understood what Jessie was trying to relate, and that was enough for me.

Kari
"Darlin'; They're flying past the window now...."
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Right. We are about to go off the rails.

Terry B and Glandman, some of the
earlier posts were well meant and
may actually be of some use to Jessie.
If you think so, you might let her know.
Whether or not you think so, she's
fortunate to have you as friends.

Good night and best wishes to all, Jim
bruceb

Post by bruceb »

Glandman,
You're right, this thread is tiresome and I won't post again.
I never refuted anything you or TerryB said. I'm sure you'll agree if you reread my posts.
I didn't even attempt to paint a nasty picture of Jessie. I said to just let everyone judge for themselves what she wrote, she painted and signed that picture herself.
I didn't dredge up the old stuff, and won't. There are a lot of people who are rightfully angry about what Jessie wrote (I'm one of them) and if you guys keep harping on how poor Jessie has been abused by the mean people on the list I'd expect that someone will dredge stuff up.
Frankly, I'm sorry I ever got involved and apologize for my part in keeping this alive. That was unwise. I wouldn't be bothered a bit if all my posts were deleted, providing all the posts that mention mine are also deleted. It's fine with me if mine are deleted and TerryB's post that started this new/old thread is left up.
And Loren, you already know exactly why people responded to Jessie's departure post. It's called anger at unjustified attacks.
JohnPalmer

Post by JohnPalmer »

Glandman,

You say that we don't know Jessie. I say we do. She has always shared with us things about who she is. We know her occupation, her religious beliefs, the places where she sings, who some of her close friends are, and how they feel about her. And through pictures, we know her pets, where she goes for vacations, what she looks like, etc. I know that we don't know her personally, but on a messageboard such as this, it is a moot point, because we can't all go over to her house to see her. We have an affect on her life, and she has an affect on ours. She is very much, and has always been in the thick of things on this board. I think we know her.

John
CraigMc

Post by CraigMc »

Why is it necesary for you and others, some of whom have never met her, to refute the comments we have made on her behalf, and without her knowledge, and to paint this nasty picture of JessieK you wish others to see, indelibly, on the message board?
I think the only people trying to paint a picture here are you and Terry B. Anyone can go and review her past messages and make up their own opinion about who Jessie is. I'm glad that you guys have experienced this wonderful side of her, I myself have found her to be quit helpful at times but have become increasingly dissappointed lately in some of the comments she has made.

For a self-annointed "old-timer" I thought some of her comments were divisive and I was becomming annoyed at the way she treated "newbies" many of whom might end up being more helpful,experienced or knowledgable.

-Craig Image
mike.r

Post by mike.r »

On 2002-03-19 12:39, bruceb wrote:
Can't everyone just let this thread die. Jessie wrote what she wrote, no spurious explanations of her behavior will help the situation. Starting a *SECOND* thread on the same topic is foolish. Give it a rest!
Thread cessation demands usually have the opposite effect.This is a good thread with a good intention and may even be the catharsis this forum needs to get it back on the rails.If one could imagine the voice of someone like Bette Middler or David Letterman or the actors in Friends it may even be possible to have a chuckle at the word`moron´and other insults that are and continue to be thrown about on this forum. Peace, Mike
Let the beauty we love be what we do.
There are a hundred ways to kneel and kiss the ground.

Jelaludin Rumi
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Another consequence of 'thread cessation'
demands is that things get complicated,
two things get talked about at once,
and in the confusion things get nasty.
CraigMc

Post by CraigMc »

Hey mike.r
On 2002-03-19 21:57 bruceb wrote: Frankly, I'm sorry I ever got involved and apologize for my part in keeping this alive.
Try reading the more recent posts before you comment ya ding-a-ling!

- said in the voice of Micky Rooney

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CraigMc on 2002-03-20 09:14 ]</font>
Blayne Chastain
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Blayne Chastain »

THE END...
mike.r

Post by mike.r »

There was an old comic named Roony
With a face like a Disney cartoony
With his wit he did fling
His old ding-a-ling
I ducked and it hit Rosemary Cloony! ;) Mike
JohnPalmer

Post by JohnPalmer »

Mike, you want the thread two doors down.
Glengary

Post by Glengary »

There once was a thread
that should have been dead
but near death was always revived.
It went on and on
like a perpetual song
despite notes that went sour in time.

This should have been put, some two posts down
"But who's counting?" said the man from the west.
I just want to say, "You all have a good day"
And at that I put this post to rest.