New brilliant solo whistle CD by Brid O Donohue : review

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

With the official launch just over an hour away Brid just phoned to say the website is up, the on-line ordering sorted, sound clips from the CD are included on the site.

www.bridodonohue.com

carrie

Post by carrie »

Just ordered mine--can't wait!

Carol
PhilO
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by PhilO »

Just ordered mine as well and thoroughly enjoyed the samples on the site.

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

I've ordered mine as well. From the samples, it sounds like a CD every whistle player should have--can't wait!

Susan
Azalin
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Azalin »

Heard the samples... wow.... It's always good to be reminded how much we suck :lol:

Please as soon as you know how I could get that CD in Catskills Peter, let me know.
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

Azalin wrote:Heard the samples... wow.... It's always good to be reminded how much we suck :lol:
I think you'll find that the whistle sounds better if you blow :D.

Great to hear of anyone making a traditional whistle album at all, and this sounds like something special. Looking forward to my next trip to the green and musty to pick up a copy.
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
bjs

Post by bjs »

Would that be The Late Session?

If so, it will be archived and can be heard over the Internet. (You can listen to it live over the Internet, as well.)
Looked for "listen again" but couldn't find anything. Does it really exist?

Brian
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

bjs wrote: Does it really exist?

Brian
<a href="http://www.rte.ie/radio1/thelatesession ... l">This</a> should get you last night's 'Late Session'.
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

Peter Laban wrote:
bjs wrote: Does it really exist?

Brian
<a href="http://www.rte.ie/radio1/thelatesession ... l">This</a> should get you last night's 'Late Session'.
But you have to listen to about three minutes of news headlines before you realise you're in the right place. I'm listening to Frank Harte there at the moment.
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
bjs

Post by bjs »

But you have to listen to about three minutes of news headlines before you realise you're in the right place. I'm listening to Frank Harte there at the moment.
The Brid bit starts at minute 19 nd goes to minute 24 so if you are short of time ....

Brian
OnTheMoor

Post by OnTheMoor »

Samples are terrific. Just have to work up the guts to put another $30 on my Visa. :roll:
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

CD arrived today along with a personal note and autugraphed by Brid. This is a wonderful CD for learning and listening. Sometimes it's hard to take just whistle for prolonged periods - this is just whistle and definitely not hard to take. I'm not going to try to describe the style or anything else about it - just listen.

This will also serve another purpose, as it is just whistle music. A neighbor the other day told me that when I first started, she thought we were killing animals in the apartment, but now she stops what she's doing to listen to what she thinks is on the radio (the truth is midway and probably closer to dead animals than Mary Bergin or Brid). I'm going to try playing this CD and see if I can get away with it (yeah right).

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Got mine two, and I'm enjoying it very much.

Has anyone posted which tunes are in which keys? yeah, I could (eventually) figure it out myself, but if someone knows. . .

I also want to express gratitude that the CD was packaged in a standard jewel case instead of some fancy, unique packaging, as my jewel case's guts were pretty much destroyed in shipping and I need to move CD and liner notes to a new case.

Tyg
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Mine arrived not half an hour ago and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Really good ITM CDs don't come around nearly often enough and I'm soaking this up!

Susan
feadogin

Post by feadogin »

What does the title mean? Is it something like "Well of Tradition?"

Sounds like a great cd. I am waiting to hear if my fiancee picked one up for me as well as one for Jack. :D Have fun at East Durham, y'all.

Justine