looking to buy/ trade for old feadog

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
eedbjp
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been on this forum for many years, just getting back into it agin in 2019.. Tried many flutes and whistles, but keep coming back to the fundamentals!

looking to buy/ trade for old feadog

Post by eedbjp »

I lived in Galway in the summer of 1990, and bought my first whistle, a Feadog. I lost it recently, and ordered a new one. I was dissapointed at the newer style. I am looking to buy or trade (I have a few different whistles) for an older Feadog. Please contact me if interested. Brian

eedbjp@yahoo.com
Feadin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Feadin »

Have you tryied to tweak it?
I have a Feadog Pro (from Shanna Quay), and after tweaking it the sound really improved a lot, I liked it when I first bought it, but now I LOVE it!
I just cleaned the windway using some very fine sandpaper (360, 600, 1000 and 1500), then rounded a tiny bit the blade, and then filled the interior of the fipple with blue tack. The tone is very clean and pure now.
Cristian Feldman
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Here's the photo of the various historical Feadogs.
You can use it as a reference to indicate
which version you're looking for:

Mark I, Mark II, Mark II.5, Mark III

Best wishes,
Jerry Freeman
eedbjp
Tell us something.: Been on this forum for many years, just getting back into it agin in 2019.. Tried many flutes and whistles, but keep coming back to the fundamentals!

old feadogs

Post by eedbjp »

Thanks for the great photos. Brian
khl
Tell us something.: Longtime member of Chiff and Fipple. I own/have owned more whistles than a person should, I think. But I’m not complaining.

Post by khl »

I noticed this on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 16119&rd=1

I think it's kind of going under the radar because it isn't avertised as a Feadog, but according to the pictures Jerry Freeman sent, this LOOKS like one of the earliest models. I can't be sure. I was going to just shut up about it and bid on it myself, but I decided I don't really need it. You or others in this forum might be interested.

(I've since asked the seller and it is a Feadog.)
Last edited by khl on Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

That appears to be a Mark I Feadog.

The members here are compassionate folks. If it's what you're looking for, you may want to state your intention to get it and ask that others who may have only a passing interest not bid against you and drive up the price, since it was your inquiry that brought the information out in the first place.

Best wishes,
Jerry
chrysophylax
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by chrysophylax »

I got my first feadog at the first All Ireland Fleadh Ceol in Clonmel in like 1993 or something..... I was like 13 at the time. Man, that whistle was great. It got chewed, dropped, sat on, stood on and every time i'd just bend it back into shape and keep playin. Definitely the most durable whistle I've played. I miss it :sniffle: Think it was a Mk I or II
What??
dublingirl

Post by dublingirl »

Yes thats the old Mark 1 Feadóg all right, I have one at home (my first whistle) - I'd say go for it! They have a lovely sweet mellow sound - not scratchy & edgy like the new version! Good luck!
eedbjp

Mark 1

Post by eedbjp »

I am going to write to the makers and ask them to revive their first whistle. I'll let you know how it turns out. Brian