Cherish The Ladies...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
BoscoBear
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Cherish The Ladies...

Post by BoscoBear »

My wife and I have tickets to see them in concert on March 13th!! We're both psyched (I've been able to turn her onto Celtic/Irish/Scottish music recently) - I'm especially looking forward to hearing Joannie Madden on the whistle....I just bought her solo CD with the whistle and it's awesome!!

Anyone out there been to a CTL concert before?
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Yes - loads of fun! I defy you to keep your feet still.

Susan
brewerpaul
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Cherish The Ladies...

Post by brewerpaul »

BoscoBear wrote:Anyone out there been to a CTL concert before?
Lots of times. If you like the Ladies on CD, you'll really love them in person. Be sure to hang out afterwards-- Joanie and the other players usually come out to sign CDs and meet the crowd.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
BoscoBear

Post by BoscoBear »

Thanks for the tip Brewer!!

I'll be sure to wait around for a bit - My wife though, is 8 months pregnant and her patience can be......................limited, at times....haha.....

I'm going to assume they sell more CD's and other stuff at the shows? I wasn't able to find a link to a store on their website -
sbruyette

Post by sbruyette »

Yes, their concerts are very enjoyable. I have been to 3 of their concerts the last with the Savannah Symphony. They all come out after the concert and mingle with the crowd, sign autographs let you take photos. Well worth much more than the cost of their concerts.
Susan
Henke
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Henke »

I agree with everything said. I've seen them once when they visited here in Sweden less than a year ago I think. They were awsome. Joanie is such a personality and such a wonderful whistler and fluter. I've never heard anyone else make a Boehm silver flute bark like that, it's incredible. All the others are extremely skilled as well. I also met them afterwards and they were all very friendly. It's hard to beat the voice and looks of Heidi Talbot as well, what a woman :boggle:

I'm sure you're going to have a great night with memories for your life.

Cheers
Harpgal

Post by Harpgal »

Get there early enough to get seats front row centre!
DarnTootin

Post by DarnTootin »

Wow! I'll be seeing them the night before, 3/12, in Rochester, NY, with he Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra. As I've mentioned in a separate thread, I'll be bringing the family (including 10-year-old son and 8-year-old daughter).

We're really looking forward to it, too!
Jack

Post by Jack »

No doubt it's the whistler in me, but when I think of Cherish The Ladies, I only think of Joannie Madden. Sadly, I couldn't tell you the others' names (but I know what they look like). :roll:
BrassBlower

Post by BrassBlower »

You guessed it...

***OBLIGATORY POST!***

I haven't seen them very many times, just five. :D

I usually try to get as far back in line as possible so I can have more time with them when I get there. :wink: To me, the meet-and-greet is just like a big family reunion. :party:

I love these Ladies more than anything in the world, and I hope they all know how I feel about them (OK, so I just told everyone who's reading my post). :oops:

So Joanie, if you're reading this, this is for you:

(((((Joanie))))) :D :D

Le gra,
Jim
https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Cranberry wrote:No doubt it's the whistler in me, but when I think of Cherish The Ladies, I only think of Joannie Madden. Sadly, I couldn't tell you the others' names (but I know what they look like). :roll:
The rest of the band has varied over the years, but Joanie remains. All players are uniformly excellent though.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
cowtime

Re: Cherish The Ladies...

Post by cowtime »

BoscoBear wrote:My wife and I have tickets to see them in concert on March 13th!! We're both psyched (I've been able to turn her onto Celtic/Irish/Scottish music recently) - I'm especially looking forward to hearing Joannie Madden on the whistle....I just bought her solo CD with the whistle and it's awesome!!

Anyone out there been to a CTL concert before?
Saw them many years ago and then a couple of years ago.
Definately a great group and you will NOT be dissapointed.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
BrassBlower

Post by BrassBlower »

brewerpaul wrote:
Cranberry wrote:No doubt it's the whistler in me, but when I think of Cherish The Ladies, I only think of Joannie Madden. Sadly, I couldn't tell you the others' names (but I know what they look like). :roll:
The rest of the band has varied over the years, but Joanie remains. All players are uniformly excellent though.
Has Mary Coogan been with them from the beginning? I could not imagine CTL without Mary, either. On our list of favorite people, my wife and I probably have her in the top ten easily, and we love her more than anything in the world! :D :D
https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo
Brewster

Post by Brewster »

Hi Bosco--thanks for the heads-up on the CTL concert. Newburyport is just a short 20 minute ride from my house, so I should take the opportunity to hear them. I'm going to the Lunasa gig the night before in Somerville--should be an excellent ITM weekend!

Brewster
Tamadden

Post by Tamadden »

BoscoBear wrote:I'm going to assume they sell more CD's and other stuff at the shows? I wasn't able to find a link to a store on their website -
They will surely have CD's for sale at the show.

But there is also on online store at their website. Go to

http://www.cherishtheladies.com/records.html

at the top of the page you should see links to download an order form, or to go to the onlice store. In either event your order will be carefully packed and shipped to you by Teresa Rafferty - that's Mrs. Mike Rafferty to you flute players out there, or Mary Rafferty Clancy's mom to you box players. I usually try to buy my CD's at the show, so the artists won't have so much stuff to carry home, but when you do get home and realize you should have bought more CD's, hop onto the website.

Enjoy the show - you won't hear better.

Tom