vinnie kilduff

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
cavefish
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: been out of it for awhile and decided to start back up on the flute and whistle , been doing NAFs and saxophones

vinnie kilduff

Post by cavefish »

any new news about vinnie kilduff, this guy rocks a mean whistle
Henke

Post by Henke »

Hmm, haven't heard or seen anything about Vinnie for some time now. He's a great whistler. What does he do nowadays?
cavefish
Tell us something.: been out of it for awhile and decided to start back up on the flute and whistle , been doing NAFs and saxophones

vinnie kilduff

Post by cavefish »

i wish i knew i got on of his training videos years ago an never heard of him since, i dont think he likes public appearances much-he may be one of the best ,this guys ornamentation is smooth ,he never plays anything easy,full bore ornamentation
BoscoBear
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: vinnie kilduff

Post by BoscoBear »

cavefish wrote:i wish i knew i got on of his training videos years ago an never heard of him since, i dont think he likes public appearances much-he may be one of the best ,this guys ornamentation is smooth ,he never plays anything easy,full bore ornamentation

I almost bought a Kilduff training video - Is it worth it to purchase one? I like the CD's but would really like a video-based training session to "see" the whistle played in addition to listening to the tune
cavefish

Post by cavefish »

its great , but it is a video in europe form i had to convert it to usa region
BoscoBear

Post by BoscoBear »

was it this video?
http://www.thewhistleshop.com/catalog/t ... vinnie.htm

This is the store I've bought my first two whistles from, and I'll just order from him again if this is a decent training video -
cavefish

Post by cavefish »

you cant go wrong with this one, their is also another , iam thinking of getting-brian finnigan whistle tutorial, i bet this one is a winner too . if you get it let me know PM or somehow
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Vinnie Kilduff occasionally appears on the bill at a show or on a track or two on someone else's CD, more often as producer where he has some fairly recent credits. I've not seen a solo CD from him since maybe the 80s.
Henke

Post by Henke »

The biggest downside of this tutorial is that it's fairly short, there aren't a lot of tunes and the ornamentations and stuff are worked over very quickly. I think it's good for seeing what is done up close and whatch some masterful whistleing, but you won't get into lots of details here. Having said that I do think that it's worth purchasing.
cavefish

Post by cavefish »

have you seen the brian finnigan one yet
Henke

Post by Henke »

No, I haven't. Can someone please fill us in here?
cavefish

Post by cavefish »

i just got the brian video , its pretty cool this guy has a smooth finger for whistling, gives you just what you need to get started, begining or advanced, your are still going to have to add spice ( ornamentation) but that what makes it fun, no one really plays the same tune the same- i got it out the door for $44.00 including shipping no one can beat that price, she is having an 10th annoversary sale or something--melodies music
BoscoBear

Post by BoscoBear »

cavefish wrote:have you seen the brian finnigan one yet
I just got the Finnigan CD-Rom and it is excellent - Granted, nothing take the place of an actual "in person" instructor, but I've had a heck of a time finding one, so this is a great substitute - Very easy to follow and the "video" segments in which Brian plays really put it all together for me - I'm the type of person, for better or worse - lol, who needs to "see" something to have it really stick with me -

I would, as a greenhorn newbie (who is slowly sinking into a full blown attack of WHOA) recommend it for anyone who is looking to add to their instructional aides, not to replace slow sessions or instructors, but as another tool to help you get started -