Erotic Irish Music??

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
lixnaw
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by lixnaw »

in Kerry they're famous for all boy :D
Sean Mc Carthy from Listowel wrote quite a few eroticly tinted song like "fagan's wake" and "red bloomers!"

they're on his cd "the wandering man"
http://www.claddaghrecords.com/www/prod ... =25&c=2977
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Roger O'Keeffe wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:It's said that O'Farrell's Welcome to Limerick was given the alternate popular name in the last century by a piper who was given to renaming tunes in an off-color manner to get a rise out of his audience (if you'll forgive the pun). Seamus Ennis, maybe? I don't recall at this time.

It's one of my favorite tunes. I sometimes call it the Damp Cat. :D
The last centurey! Yes, I suppose you're right, but that makes me feel like a contemporary of O'Farrell's.

The tune has two respectable names: O'Farrell's Welcome to Limerick and The Choice Bride.

It was Willie Clancy who gave it its now-standard name. I don't know if that was his gloss on the ideal qualities of a bride, or if he knew more about O'Farrell's reputation with the ladies than we do.
Yes, Willie Clancy it was! That's the name I wanted, but as a fellow contemporary of O'Farrell, memory tyrannizes more than it serves these days.

Until I learned that it was Clancy who renamed it (never to be translated but in hushed tones behind one's hand), I entertained the possibility that when O'Farrell compiled one of the first pocket tutors for the Union Pipes, all Limerick rejoiced, and one mode of his welcome to the city was immortalised in the name An Phis Fliuch. :D
Guitar Kat =^..^=

Post by Guitar Kat =^..^= »

s1m0n wrote:I've always found the slide Kathleen Hehir to be a very erotic tune.
Kathleen is my first name. :oops: :oops: :wink:
~~~~
Kat =^..^=
trisha

Post by trisha »

michael_coleman wrote:There are many songs on Dervish's new album Spirit that I find to be very erotic, but then again, I also find Cathy Jordan's voice to be very erotic.
I concur that this is so :) . My nomination for Best Erotic Irish Tune would have to be the live version of Hungry Rock on Dervish's Live in Palma.

Trisha