Which continent are YOU from?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.

Europe
28%
Africa
No votes
Asia
4%
Australia
1%
North America
66%
South America
1%

Total votes: 85

IDAwHOa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Demographics 101

If there is more than one country, make mention of that in a note.

EDIT:

DANG!!!! I forgot to hit submit for Antartica before posting. My sincere appologies to all the seals, whales, walruses and scientists that make that place home.
Last edited by IDAwHOa on Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
GaryKelly
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by GaryKelly »

Steven, you're so politically-incorrect. You forgot one, and by so doing, you're oppressing countless species who all have rights, not the least of which is the right to vote in your poll.

President Walden will likely invade you.
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

steven, do you mean: which continent do you live in, or which continent are you from?
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

amar wrote:steven, do you mean: which continent do you live in, or which continent are you from?
Amar, do you mean: In which continent do you live or from which continent did you originate? :D
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

amar wrote:steven, do you mean: which continent do you live in, or which continent are you from?
Yeah, where you live. I have only lived on one so that "prejudice" came out in my post.

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

We will not be forgotten...

Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

Okay, I've just seen your edit, which might go some way to placating our President. But what about the incontinent, eh? How're they supposed to vote, eh?
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

GaryKelly wrote:Okay, I've just seen your edit, which might go some way to placating our President. But what about the incontinent, eh? How're they supposed to vote, eh?
the incontinent don't vote, they wet themselves.

right, i live in switzerland, not part of the european union, but part of the european contintent. :D
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

I am from North America, though I spent a few important years living in (and my parents still live in) Pacific islands. Actually, I guess my parents are on an island of the South China Sea.
Reasonable person
Walden
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

I have a hunch that the English are voting for Europe, which I find odd. Since when is England part of Europe?!? :o But I guess it's about continents (or contintents as Amar likes to call them), so I'll live with magnimously including that certain protuberance in the shape of a stepped-on banana, perched on the edge of the continental shelf, in the definition of Europe.
/Bloomfield
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

I'm wondering how New Zealanders are going to answer. Pacific islands don't really count as belonging to any continent except for those that are very close to a mainland.

Australasia isn't a continent and isn't a term used by Australians, New Zealanders or Pacific Islanders. Oceana captures the islands but not Australia.

This shouldn't affect the statistics much of course.
IDAwHOa

Post by IDAwHOa »

Yeah, I thought about adding "Islands of the Oceans" to the list, but heck, I didn't even get Antartica done right!!!!! :roll:

StevieJ
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

Post by StevieJ »

What I want to know is, what _planet_ are you all from?
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

StevieJ wrote:What I want to know is, what _planet_ are you all from?
You can look at us with a semi-straight face (considering those googly eyes) and ask that!?!
rkottke

Post by rkottke »

StevieJ wrote:What I want to know is, what _planet_ are you all from?
People who play their tin whistles in public and outside of sessions are generally assumed to be from another planet.

Too bad for the 'general assumers"!
Sláinte