Which continent are YOU from?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.

Which continent are YOU from?

Europe
28%
Africa
No votes
Asia
4%
Australia
1%
North America
66%
South America
1%

Total votes: 85

feadogin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by feadogin »

Bloomfield wrote:I have a hunch that the English are voting for Europe, which I find odd. Since when is England part of Europe?!? :o But I guess it's about continents (or contintents as Amar likes to call them), so I'll live with magnimously including that certain protuberance in the shape of a stepped-on banana, perched on the edge of the continental shelf, in the definition of Europe.
I noticed when I was in Ireland that a lot of people there don't seem to consider themselves part of Europe also! For example, people would talk about going on a trip "to Europe," or about some way that the Irish were different from "the Europeans." I found it strange...

J.
dubhlinn
antispam: No

Post by dubhlinn »

"about some way that the Irish were different from "the Europeans." I found it strange...
Makes perfect sense to me....

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

Bloomfield wrote:...that certain protuberance in the shape of a stepped-on banana, perched on the edge of the continental shelf
... for that 'protuberance' remark, my ancestors should haunt you. But in the spirit of the "Forgiveness" thread, I'll forgive you that jibe, because....
Happy days are here again!
Bloom's avatar's of good cheer again...
The psychedelic blinkie has returned,
happy days are here again!

Later, with a tot of cheap Scotch, I will toast your therapist... or is it your pharmacist? :wink:
kga26

Post by kga26 »

I have a hunch that the English are voting for Europe, which I find odd. Since when is England part of Europe?!?
Well, we don't really know, come on our goverment doesn't even know! If dear Tony had his way, we'd be the 51st state of the U.S.A. ! (not that there is anything wrong with that transatlantic cousins, well...there is, but I don't wish to offend any of you ....it's so tiring being P.C)

Can we have our own continent in the poll , seeing as we have seperate geology and broke off the rest of the world years ago?
Shall I compare thee to a summers day?
No, thou art more lovely and more temperate.
Cheers Will, mines a pint !
emmline

Post by emmline »

scottielvr wrote:
Bloomfield wrote:...that certain protuberance in the shape of a stepped-on banana, perched on the edge of the continental shelf
... for that 'protuberance' remark, my ancestors should haunt you.
no, no...it's all starting to make sense now...my own ancestors are haunting me. I'm sure that explains why my now 12 year old son had the primordially-inspired notion at age 4 to peel a banana and squash it into the living room rug.
emmline

Post by emmline »

kga26 wrote:
Well, we don't really know, come on our goverment doesn't even know! If dear Tony had his way, we'd be the 51st state of the U.S.A. ! (not that there is anything wrong with that transatlantic cousins, well...there is, but I don't wish to offend any of you ....it's so tiring being P.C)
Not offended! I'd resist imperialism too if I were you! (Though, at risk of offending my cousins who didn't emigrate a couple centuries ago--I recall that the Brits had some imperial instincts a while back, too, didn't they?)
Whistling Willie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love whistling and I have been a member of this forum for many years now.I have found it very informative and helpful over the years that I have been here.

Post by Whistling Willie »

I voted Europe,but Northern Ireland doesn't really feel like Europe :boggle:
kga26

Post by kga26 »

P.S. When I go to Southern Ireland, I get the feeling that the Irish have got it absolutley spot on. They have embraced all the benefits of the European Union and reaped the financial rewards, trade deals, etc etc, it has made the country a lot richer. However, I get the impression that they are still carrying on just as before, they're just about as European as Outer Mongolia, they go their own way, having a good snigger to themselves that they have been so canny...and they have been!! I have never met a stupid Irishman.

In fact I wonder if that dirty great spike in O'Connel Street isn't a kind of symbolic one fingered salute to the rest of us sometimes ! ..and sometimes I can't help thinking we deserve it!
moxy

Post by moxy »

StevieJ wrote:What I want to know is, what _planet_ are you all from?
:lol:

I love it...
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

:o
The "Dirty Spike" that kga26 refers to is one of the most amazing sites to be seen in a city filled with wonder.
There are a few photos floating around the net but none that I have seen can do justice to this incredible sculpture.You really have to be there to get the full impression.

Slan,
D.

W.B.Yeats
kga26

Post by kga26 »

See what I mean?
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

dubhlinn wrote::o
The "Dirty Spike" that kga26 refers to is one of the most amazing sites to be seen in a city filled with wonder.
There are a few photos floating around the net but none that I have seen can do justice to this incredible sculpture.You really have to be there to get the full impression.

Slan,
D.
You might want to be REALLY careful if you are skydiving in that area, I mean REALLY careful!!! :boggle:
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
kga26

Post by kga26 »

Sky dive all you want , but don't for goodness sake don't go North of the Liffey into Temple Bar , thats the stuff that real hangovers are made from!!!! I speak from personal experience, rather land on the spike!!!!!!! :-?
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

:roll:
Temple Bar is the biggest tourist rip off in creation (and it is on the South side of the river!)

Slan,
D.
(A Northsider by birth and inclination)

W.B.Yeats
oleorezinator
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes I love tin whistles I love flutes I love irish music I love concertinas I love bodhrans

Post by oleorezinator »

i'm from atlantis. why isn't it listed?
Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love.
Love is not music. Music is the best.
- Frank Zappa