L.E.'s Whistle Review in the Newsletter

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
GaryKelly
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by GaryKelly »

That was the Best Apology Ever Written.

On second thoughts, it wasn't. But I'm not going to apologise. I never apologise. I'm sorry, but that's the kinda guy I am...
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

GaryKelly wrote:That was the Best Apology Ever Written.

On second thoughts, it wasn't. But I'm not going to apologise. I never apologise. I'm sorry, but that's the kinda guy I am...
You are the best non-apologizer. Ever.
burnsbyrne

Post by burnsbyrne »

DaleWisely wrote:Our conversation is then interrupted by several fellow cafe patrons throwing bits of bread at us and cursing in Swedish, which we don't speak, or comprehend.
Ha, ha! :lol: My wife is Swiss/Italian and after telling someone that she is half Swiss, gets asked, too often to believe, whether most of the people in Sweden are blonds. She used to point out that Sweden and Switzerland are different countries but now she no longer bothers.
I wonder what Amar would think of this.
Mike
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

That's one of the big problems with Geneva. All the Swedes.
JessieK
antispam: No

Post by JessieK »

No false sense of modesty. In my opinion, L.E.'s was the best damn review ever written. I have a Burke al-pro. His review made me want a couple more.

No apology necessary!!!

But that was a cute post.

Last night Dan asked me if I'd ever been to Birmingham. Since we have been trying to come up with a Fall vacation destination, I found that an odd question (Birmingham?). He said there is some work-related thing going on there, but he doesn't have to go. He just wondered if I'd been there. Well, if he DID have to go, I'd go with him and we'd pop over to see you and your whistles...er, family.

:)
~JessieD
FJohnSharp
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

burnsbyrne wrote:
DaleWisely wrote:Our conversation is then interrupted by several fellow cafe patrons throwing bits of bread at us and cursing in Swedish, which we don't speak, or comprehend.
Ha, ha! :lol: My wife is Swiss/Italian and after telling someone that she is half Swiss, gets asked, too often to believe, whether most of the people in Sweden are blonds. She used to point out that Sweden and Switzerland are different countries but now she no longer bothers.
I wonder what Amar would think of this.
Mike
This is why I had such trouble speaking French when I was in Vevey. They're Swedes.

That, plus my French is more like French-sounding English.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Jayhawk wrote:Jessie wrote "I love beer."

Now THAT is a beautiful review! Sweet, simple, and to the point on a topic near and dear to many of us.

Eric
Yep. That's the part I took note of.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm