More about this lovely instrument later

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

They look and sound (description wise, that is) wonderful! I would be interested in obtaining one if I don't have to hock something important... I'm on the low end of the financial wall here, LOL, and although I don't think I exactly qualify for !Whoa!, I know a beautiful thing when I sees it, matey!

Ah, well... another thing to add to the "when I win the lottery" list... and the 'after we replace the recently defunct freezer and the terminally ill Ford, and get my whistles tweeked by Jerry, and put a propper case around my Martin, and a lot of other necessities. :sniffle:
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

Colin, may I put myself on a waiting list? please? I'd like a skinned one.
thanks. :)
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

anniemcu wrote:They look and sound (description wise, that is) wonderful! I would be interested in obtaining one if I don't have to hock something important... I'm on the low end of the financial wall here, LOL, and although I don't think I exactly qualify for !Whoa!, I know a beautiful thing when I sees it, matey!

Ah, well... another thing to add to the "when I win the lottery" list... and the 'after we replace the recently defunct freezer and the terminally ill Ford, and get my whistles tweeked by Jerry, and put a propper case around my Martin, and a lot of other necessities. :sniffle:
No WhOA, or financial wherewithal here, but wow! Wouldn't mind playing one of these shepherd's pipes either!
Reasonable person
Walden
Cyfiawnder
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cyfiawnder »

anniemcu wrote:They look and sound (description wise, that is) wonderful! I would be interested in obtaining one if I don't have to hock something important... I'm on the low end of the financial wall here, LOL, and although I don't think I exactly qualify for !Whoa!, I know a beautiful thing when I sees it, matey!

Ha ha you have a martin? I almost got a job making them. The plant is only a few miles from here. I got a job working for Binney and Smith making Crayola Crayons, because it paid more. I should have picked martin... maybe I would still work THERE. We have more Elder trees around here than you can shake an Elder stick at... maybe I'll go make an offering and hopefully get a few branches :)... My grandmother used to make Elderberry Preserves and Elderberry wine. Both delicious, a big sppon full of preserves on a nice pan sized flapjack, roll that bad boy up and eat it like they're meant to be eaten... not smothered in that crappy syrup stuff.

Later
Cy

note: flap jack= pancake
Justinus say guiness in hand worth two in ice-box.
anniemcu

Post by anniemcu »

Cyfiawnder wrote:
Ha ha you have a martin? I almost got a job making them. The plant is only a few miles from here. I got a job working for Binney and Smith making Crayola Crayons, because it paid more. I should have picked martin... maybe I would still work THERE. We have more Elder trees around here than you can shake an Elder stick at... maybe I'll go make an offering and hopefully get a few branches :)... My grandmother used to make Elderberry Preserves and Elderberry wine. Both delicious, a big sppon full of preserves on a nice pan sized flapjack, roll that bad boy up and eat it like they're meant to be eaten... not smothered in that crappy syrup stuff.

Later
Cy

Yup, a very old and wonderful 0021... I love it, but its original case succumed to age and use... anew one is needed.

As for the Elder wood, here's another case of the tree mixed up with the plant - Elder wood comes from a tree, while elder berries come from a bushy plant... and boy they are good!
anniemcu
---
---
---
glauber

Post by glauber »

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries! Now go away or we shall taunt you some more!"

That's what comes to mind when i hear about elderberries.
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
anniemcu

Post by anniemcu »

glauber wrote:"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries! Now go away or we shall taunt you some more!"

What's that from, Glauber? There is a tiny little tinkling of what might be a bell in the back of my mind... LOL...
anniemcu
---
---
---
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

anniemcu wrote:
glauber wrote:"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries! Now go away or we shall taunt you some more!"

What's that from, Glauber? There is a tiny little tinkling of what might be a bell in the back of my mind... LOL...
Methinks it be Monty Python and The Holy Grail...
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
anniemcu

Post by anniemcu »

brewerpaul wrote:Methinks it be Monty Python and The Holy Grail...
Ah..Yes.. Well... Now, for something completely different....
anniemcu
---
---
---
JohnPalmer

Post by JohnPalmer »

WHAT is your name?

WHAT'S your favorite color?

WHAT'S the average rainfall in the Amazon Basin?
glauber

Post by glauber »

-- What's your name?
-- Launcelot.
-- What's your Quest?
-- The Grail.
-- What's your favourite colour?
-- Blue! No! It's red! Aaaaaaaagh!

Yes, the bit about the elderberries is what the French knights say to the Brits before they start throwing livestock at them (cherchez la vache!).
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
SirNick
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love Irish music! I am mostly a whistle player but would like to learn more about flutes. I also have a couple older whistles I'd like to sell and maybe pick up a bamboo flute to practice with.

Post by SirNick »

One of the greatest quotes of all time!!! My avatar inspiration :D
"You have my undivided attention"
anniemcu

Post by anniemcu »

"I faht en your general direction!" :D
anniemcu
---
---
---
Cyfiawnder

Post by Cyfiawnder »

anniemcu wrote:
Cyfiawnder wrote:

Later
Cy

Yup, a very old and wonderful 0021... I love it, but its original case succumed to age and use... anew one is needed.

As for the Elder wood, here's another case of the tree mixed up with the plant - Elder wood comes from a tree, while elder berries come from a bushy plant... and boy they are good!
Um then why is it that all Arborial studdies show Elderberry Tree, as another name for and Elder tree? I don't know about a "bushy" plant but I have personaly clipped many a bucket of elderberries, for wine and preserves, and I have had to use a step ladder many times. The Tree doesn't grow any larger than 30" and I have plucked Berries from quite a few 20 footers... that's a big bush :) Takes a lot of berries to make jam. For some reason they like to grow along old railroad beds....
http://www.2020site.org/trees/elder.html

Cyfiawnder
peace in the Light /|\
Justinus say guiness in hand worth two in ice-box.
anniemcu

Post by anniemcu »

Cyfiawnder wrote:
anniemcu wrote:...As for the Elder wood, here's another case of the tree mixed up with the plant - Elder wood comes from a tree, while elder berries come from a bushy plant... and boy they are good!
Um then why is it that all Arborial studdies show Elderberry Tree, as another name for and Elder tree? I don't know about a "bushy" plant but I have personaly clipped many a bucket of elderberries, for wine and preserves, and I have had to use a step ladder many times. The Tree doesn't grow any larger than 30" and I have plucked Berries from quite a few 20 footers... that's a big bush :) Takes a lot of berries to make jam. For some reason they like to grow along old railroad beds....
http://www.2020site.org/trees/elder.html

Cyfiawnder
peace in the Light /|\
Hmmm... well... the plant that I know as Elderberry is not capable of becoming a tree though it makes for some fine fruit ... perhaps Mulberry?
anniemcu
---
---
---