Playing in the car

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
burnsbyrne
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by burnsbyrne »

brownja wrote:We all have to go sometime. If my autopsy photo shows a fipple sticking out of the back of my skull, at least I'll have gone out doing something I love.
Living in fear of what might, remotely, potentially, under certain circumstances, happen doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
If your're that worried about into a car accident, take the bus.

jb
I don't worry too much about dying in a car crash. I don't have a whistle in the car because I don't drive much. But if I did I would be concerned about the whistle going through my head and cutting the connection between the brain stem and the cerebrum, thus turning me into a permanent vegetable. Not a fun prospect to consider but instructive.
Mike
emmline
antispam: No

Post by emmline »

The airbag thing is enough to dissuade me...but even with the car parked and turned off?
(instead, I'll carry my whistles in this:)
edited to say: I knew that pic wouldn't show up. Because, maybe, Snapfish is password protected? I don't know.
(It's a picture of a whistle roll I made.)

i did it..i did it! (but I can't do it on the mac)
Last edited by emmline on Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:55 pm, edited 8 times in total.
NicoMoreno
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I just wanted to update my location... 100 characters is a lot and I don't really want to type so much just to edit my profile...

Post by NicoMoreno »

Janice: where do you live?
Kar

Post by Kar »

I whistle only when parked and waiting for somone/something. And, one of the advantages of owning a 14-year old car is NO NASTY AIRBAGS to make parked-whistle-playing dangerous. I'm really short and I think airbags should be optional--seems like I hear about them doing more harm than good.

I must say, though, whistling in the car is my least favorite place to whistle. Even first octave B's are high enough to bother me in such a small space. Anyone else feel this?
janice

Post by janice »

Nico-check your PMs.
mcfeeley

Post by mcfeeley »

Image Image Image

'Nuf said! :)

-- Dan M.
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

brownja wrote:If your're that worried about into a car accident, take the bus.
They definately won't let me whistle on the bus!
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Kar wrote: I must say, though, whistling in the car is my least favorite place to whistle. Even first octave B's are high enough to bother me in such a small space. Anyone else feel this?
I did when I (briefly) had Susatos in the car. You might think about a different whistle.

Now I've got an Oak, Clare, Feadog/Oak hybrid, and a Walton's C. The Clare is an especially nice car whistle, because it's not that loud, plus the sound is not that bright. The Oak is brighter, and the Feadog louder. The Walton's is a pretty loud whistle for the car; too bad it's so damn nice.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Father Emmet

Post by Father Emmet »

What about the police? They might pull you over thinking that you're toking on a big ole crack stem!
fatveg

Post by fatveg »

Can't say the 'veg condones playing ANY misical struments in automobiles.

But, certain vegetables have been known to practice harp while driving freeways. Relaxing and not nearly as dangerous as whiskles. Only one hand needed, and no auto-lobotomy danger.

Probably still illegal.

Which is why i've never done it. honest. :devil:
<i>"Music is more like water than a rinoceros. It doesn't chase madly down one path. It runs away in every direction" - E. Costello</i>
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

fatveg wrote:But, certain vegetables have been known to practice harp while driving freeways.
Geez, my 22-string even wouldn't fit between me and the steering wheel. :lol: (You have to consider your audience when using words like harp or dulcimer.)

I first got the idea of playing the whistle in the car from hearing my sister-in-law talking about driving behind my brother and saying how he was getting into his harp playing (he's strictly a blues guy, so no confusion there) while stuck in a traffic jam on I-91 in Hartford.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
fatveg

Post by fatveg »

chas wrote:
fatveg wrote:But, certain vegetables have been known to practice harp while driving freeways.
Geez, my 22-string even wouldn't fit between me and the steering wheel. :lol: (You have to consider your audience when using words like harp or dulcimer.)
I meant (a diatonic) one of these...

<i>"Music is more like water than a rinoceros. It doesn't chase madly down one path. It runs away in every direction" - E. Costello</i>
Daniel_Bingamon

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

Maybe for my next animated avatar I do a "DON'T PLAY AND DRIVE" public service message.
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D
Rockymtnpiper

Post by Rockymtnpiper »

What about the police? They might pull you over thinking that you're toking on a big ole crack stem!
:roll: Well.. the last time I checked we are wasting 40 Billion per year on "bad cop, no donut syndrome". Depending which agency, and which cop it is... they could be pulling one over to make a sale. Of course.. im saying this from the the crank capitol of Colorado.