OT: deos tihs rlaely wrok?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
madfifer9
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by madfifer9 »

Redwolf wrote:Too true. My daughter has a book called "Drunken Goldfish," which describes some of the more ridiculous things government research money has been spent on.
I still remember one study I heard of on NPR, about how SUVs cause more damage in accidents than other personal vehicles. Well, DUH!! How much money did they spend on THAT study?? I could have told them that for nothing.

For some reason, that one really sticks in my mind. :-?

madfifer9
When whistles are outlawed, only outlaws will have whistles!
jeffmiester
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jeffmiester »

Wombat wrote:
And how exactly do we cope when several different words, each starting with the same letter, have exactly the same letters

the context of the word should do it:

just like desert and desert are spelt the same way, the meaning and pronuciation change with context

"And he crawled for days throughout the desert, to find the perfect desert"
---The opinions and views expressed in this post are not necessarily the author's opinions. If you agree with them, they are mine. If you disagree, they are someone else's.---
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

jeffmiester wrote:"And he crawled for days throughout the desert, to find the perfect desert"
That would be "dessert", but I think we can desert being nitpicky. :wink: