OT- windows will drive me insane yet!!!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
jeffmiester
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

OT- windows will drive me insane yet!!!

Post by jeffmiester »

Ok, when I surf the net I usually have 2 or 3 windows open at the same time, that way while one is loading I can browse another. But lately, all of a sudden if I click on something in one window, (say the forum index) and then switch over to the other window (maybe my email), the first window will pop back up when it thinks it's ready to load. This is driving me nuts!! It never used to do that and I'm wondering if there is some way to turn that off. thanks
---The opinions and views expressed in this post are not necessarily the author's opinions. If you agree with them, they are mine. If you disagree, they are someone else's.---
John Allison

Re: OT- windows will drive me insane yet!!!

Post by John Allison »

jeffmiester wrote:...I'm wondering if there is some way to turn that off. thanks
On most of the recently made PCs there is a power button located somewhere on the front of the machine that you can depress. Make sure you press it only once or the darned beast will come back to life again!!
:)
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Jeff, you're missing the point. If you're posting to C&F, you're ALREADY insane.
jeffmiester

Post by jeffmiester »

"Make sure you press it only once or the darned beast will come back to life again!! "

Well there's always the baseball bat.....
---The opinions and views expressed in this post are not necessarily the author's opinions. If you agree with them, they are mine. If you disagree, they are someone else's.---
fancypiper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fancypiper »

Ditch that buggy OS and let Linux drive you crazy instead!

# Linux Distribution links:
A Beginner's Guide to Choosing a Linux Distribution
Reasons to Choose or Not Choose Linux
LWN distro list
elinux Linux Distributions

Or, you could just install the Mozilla browser and use tabs.

For a lighter weight browser based on the same engine, try the Mozilla Firebird (browser only) version.

This and lots more free software from the GNU community is available for Windows OS computers on the GNUWin II CD if you don't want to download it.

You have total control over your browsing experience with them.