The Lonesome Boatman

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Fabio7007
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

The Lonesome Boatman

Post by Fabio7007 »

Hi all,

Just found this site and I think it may be what I'm looking for!! Hopefully someone here will be able to help me. I am looking for the notes of the Lonesome Boatman it is a song I heard years ago and I have always wanted to play it but could never figure out the notes of all of it. I can only play a few tunes on the whistle but I think this will help that!! So hopefully someone will be able to help me.

Thanks.
kevin m.
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by kevin m. »

Hi Fabio,
'The Lonesome Boatman' has been discussed on this board before,I'm almost sure-so an archive search may dredge up some info.
I know that 'The Low whistle Book' by Steafan Hannigan and David Ledsam,includes two versions of this tune.
To be honest,I think that this is a tune which is easier to learn by ear (I have a cheapo 'Best of Eddie and Finbar Furey' c.d. which features the original recording of this track,and only cost about £2.99.
"I blame it on those Lead Fipples y'know."
chattiekathy
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Try this link Fabio,
It has the gif of the music notation and also you can hear a midi to see if it is the same tune you are looking for.

http://trillian.mit.edu/~jc/cgi/abc/fin ... e%29&L=100

Cheers,
Kathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Hey, my cat loathes Midi files as much as I do! She was looking at my laptop while it was playing, and her irritation was unmistakable. :lol: