Setanta production

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
armlann
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Setanta production

Post by armlann »

Morning!

Anyone know anything about Setanta production? Search didnt' help. They've had their whistles listed as out of stock for some time and didn't respond to email. TIA!

Jon
В Правде новостей нет, а в Известиях нет правды.
stiofan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been a C&Fer since 2003. Currently playing wooden flute & (mainly low) whistles, along with the bowed dulcimer.

Re: Setanta production

Post by stiofan »

Here are a few email contacts, if you haven't tried them all yet. Paraic O'Neela might also know how to get in touch with John, since it seems like Setanta whistles were being made under the O'Neela roof, and the shop still sells the Setanta-brand whistle pouches.
http://www.jobwhistles.com/contact-information.html
info@mcneelamusic.com

But my guess is that John O. has given up his whistle-making endeavor. He's a busy fella, it seems.

I had a Setanta low D for awhile that I kind of regret letting go of now, but had one too many low Ds at the time, and was focusing on flute playing.
Mikethebook
Tell us something.: May 2022, I'm a second-time beginner to the whistle and low whistle after a three-year gap due to a chest injury brought to an end twelve years of playing. I've started on a high whistle and much is coming back quickly but it will be a while before I can manage a Low D again where my interest really lies. I chiefly love slow airs rather than dance tunes and am a fan of the likes of Davy Spillane, Eoin Duignan, Fred Morrison and Paddy Keenan.

Post by Mikethebook »

I recently wrote to John at jobwhistles@gmail.com but have not heard from him. I had an early Setanta Low D and regret returning it to them. I've just returned to playing again after a gap pf a year due to recurring costochondritis problems and miss the relative ease of playing the upper second octave of the Setanta. The Goldie narrow bore Low D I'm currently playing isn't bad in that respect but not as relaxed as the Setanta.
armlann

Post by armlann »

I heard back from the Mcneela folks. No more Setanta whistles, they've ended production.

Jon
Mikethebook
Tell us something.: May 2022, I'm a second-time beginner to the whistle and low whistle after a three-year gap due to a chest injury brought to an end twelve years of playing. I've started on a high whistle and much is coming back quickly but it will be a while before I can manage a Low D again where my interest really lies. I chiefly love slow airs rather than dance tunes and am a fan of the likes of Davy Spillane, Eoin Duignan, Fred Morrison and Paddy Keenan.

Post by Mikethebook »

That's a great shame!!
armlann

Post by armlann »

Agreed. Perhaps their used value will go up.
They were next up on my WOAD list. I guess a Lir it is.

Jon