New Tunable Low C Colin Goldie Being Sold on Ebay - Great Price!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
barryanderson1952
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am an old man playing low whistle for 20 years, great instrument. I need something to keep me alive. The whistles have that affect.

New Tunable Low C Colin Goldie Being Sold on Ebay - Great Price!

Post by barryanderson1952 »

Hello all,

I saw this on Ebay minutes ago. It looks fairly new. Thought I'd share the link for the sale with the forum, maybe someone here may have need for it. Personally, I am seeking a Bass whistle, however, the "Baritone C" many enjoy & can manage. For that price if I had a need for it, I would grab it. Incidentally, I thought it was interesting what the seller stated about Goldies current Low C whistles. Anyhow, thought I'd share the sale since I don't post much.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... e&_sacat=0

Thanks.
Mr. Anderson
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Re: New Tunable Low C Colin Goldie Being Sold on Ebay - Great Price!

Post by pancelticpiper »

I saw that listing, you're right, it's a great buy for someone.

I already have a Goldie Low C, otherwise I would have snapped it up.

Mine is a superb player as you might expect.

An additional advantage is that the head is interchangeable with my Goldie Low D.

The Low C head is a "soft blower" and the Low D head is a "medium blower".

This allows me to play the Low D with either model of head, which has been very instructive for me.

Colin told me he uses the "soft blower" (wider windway) head on his Low C in order to increase the power of the low notes.

The Ebay whistle is said to be a "hard blower" that plays like a "medium blower" which makes sense if Colin's standard Low C uses a "soft blower" head.

BTW I tried my Low D "medium blower" head on my Low C and I didn't care for the way it played.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
barryanderson1952
Tell us something.: I am an old man playing low whistle for 20 years, great instrument. I need something to keep me alive. The whistles have that affect.

Richard,

That is very interesting. Interchangeable heads for 1 body. I was wondering how the hard blower head the Ebay seller is selling would sound on your Low C body. The hard blower would carry a much thinner windway - 8mm. I would bet it would play like a hard blower. I prefer medium-hard or hard blowers myself since as the seller stated, they do have less condensation issues & one can lean into all the notes & more dynamic playing, crisp notes w/ some back pressure.

I've spoken to many players over the years & many prefer medium-hard or hard blowers due to dynamics.

Surprised it's still listed, 4 watchers. It's probably the best low whistle on Ebay at the moment, lol.

Even considered grabbing it. We shall see. Maybe, I could use a Low C. If no one grabs it, I may buy it. If Goldie isn't making them these days due to materials shortages, this is a real gem!

Thanks for the reply.

Mr. Anderson
Tradman
Tell us something.: Ready to be a decent flute player again! I took a break of about 17 years and it's been way too long.

Post by Tradman »

I just clicked the link and could not find it.
barryanderson1952

I am seeing this reply rather late; I don't check the forum that often.
It looks as if the Low C sold. Once that happens, I believe eBay will remove the listing, I believe that is how it works, not sure though.
Best
Mr. Anderson