Frankie Gavin - whistle reels 1975

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Frankie Gavin - whistle reels 1975

Post by kenny »

Frankie Gavin on whistle - accompanied by Alec Finn on bouzouki : "The Duke Of Leinster / The Tarbolton" - 1975
https://youtu.be/TLIE50Dnro8
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
DaveAuty
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play the whistle, I used to play flute but have Dupuytren's contracture so can only play whistle now which is fine. Mostly play sessions around Canterbury Kent area.

Re: Frankie Gavin - whistle reels 1975

Post by DaveAuty »

Very nice but where's the bouzouki? I could only hear bodhran. Or is this just an isolated track without Alec Finn?
emmdee

Post by emmdee »

No, there's no zouk. It's a track from their first album, from 74 or 75. Dolores Keane sings on it. Not available on CD afaik.
m.d.
kenny

Post by kenny »

Quite right m.d. A stupid mistake on my part. I've corrected the text, and will try to edit the "thumbnail" as soon as I can.
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
kenny

Post by kenny »

Clip with mistaken caption deleted - can now be found at : https://youtu.be/BLp0xr_DZDQ
emmdee

Post by emmdee »

I love this, Kenny! Whilst I wouldn't compare myself either with Frankie as a whistle player or with Ringo as a bodhran player, I've always particularly liked this set and tried my best to copy the feel of it on a set I recorded back in 2008.
m.d.