Thumbs up for Killarney Whistles

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
emmdee

Thumbs up for Killarney Whistles

Post by emmdee »

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to say a few complimentary words about Tadhg Buckley at Killarney Whistles. To cut a long story short, I emailed the KW website last week to enquire (more in hope than expectation) as to whether they offered any sort of discount for gigging musicians. Sent them a wee bit of background about my band, etc. Anyway, I was pretty much expecting a "not as such" response!

Tadhg emailed me back the same day and offered me a very very nice discounted price (won't say how much out of respect for him) for an Eb whistle which arrived 6 days later. It really is a very nice little whistle at any price. Lovely sound, good intonation (I'm very fussy about how much a middle D flattens with the top finger on!), well balanced weight, a bottom octave you can give a wee push to, well finished and tooled mouthpiece. Altogether bang-on!

So, all in all, a splendid instrument and first-class service from the lads. I couldn't praise them highly enough. Give them a try!
m.d.
DaveAuty
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play the whistle, I used to play flute but have Dupuytren's contracture so can only play whistle now which is fine. Mostly play sessions around Canterbury Kent area.

Re: Thumbs up for Killarney Whistles

Post by DaveAuty »

I agree, lovely whistles discount or not.
PadrePioPress
Tell us something.: I've been a GHB piper for many years and am just starting on the UP journey. I discovered this helpful forum and am grateful for it.

Post by PadrePioPress »

[Thread revival. - Mod]

Agreed!

Mine just arrived today and it's a real keeper. any sour notes out of this are on me!
Loquax autem mutus sum.

https://padrepiopress.com
Hauke
Tell us something.: I'm an old folkie, play some instruments and made some own things, like different genres and play scottish and Irish music for over 30 years.

Post by Hauke »

Completely agree.
Got both brass and nickel plated D's. Best balanced. I use my Lír as decoration. For that use it's wonderful.
Tadhg is always kind and his mails are helpful. For the good contact I dedicated him a jig I recently wrote. It's called Tadhg's Jig, of course.
To get the next step I bought a Seta... C whistle. Compared to Killarney its sound is so wonderful. But... Every other detail is worst in my opinion. Balance of pressure and intonation. Example: With low pressure the C sounds like kind of A (C-Whistle). Every whistle does it. But not as much as S.. Killarney (half of the S. price) has less breath noise than the other one. Pressure and tone forming are much better to handle.
Looks like Tadhg and Padraig do a really great job.
The S. goes back.