Goodbye Moonlight

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Alan
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: From the land beyond beyond. From the time past hope and fear. I bid you, Genie, now appear! Well, the Genie did not appear but the notification to type at least 100 characters did so I am back and typing some more as you, if anyone actually sees this, can probably tell.

Goodbye Moonlight

Post by Alan »

I don't know how many here might still remember our member Moonlight who was a whistle player and lover of Irish music but I thought I should let the group know that Moon, real name Linda, passed away from cancer this evening. I am devastated. I met Moon in the chiffy chatroom in 2002 and we formed a lasting friendship through our love of music and chatted almost every night, even beyond the chiffy chat, until recently when she had to be hospitalized and never returned home. :'( I will try and play a tune for her on the whistle now... if the streaming tears will let me...
jkrazy52
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Goodbye Moonlight

Post by jkrazy52 »

Rest in Peace, Moonlight. Sorry for your loss, Alan. :cry:

I remember some beautiful music you two made years ago when the 'Chiffy Christmas' posts were made. Will play a song for Moonlight ....
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

I'm mourning her loss, and also remembering Walden. Bizarre humor that kept me going many nights in Chat. I know you were very close, Alan, and am sorry for your pain.
An Draighean
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by An Draighean »

Sorry for your loss. I will play some slow airs today.
Deartháir don phaidir an port.
ytliek

Post by ytliek »

I am feeling everyone's loss. I never knew Moonlight but had come across numerous chiff threads while searching for whistle knowledge. I am always impressed and inspired by the intimate and strong bonds that evolve thru the technology, forums, social media, and event in person contacts all because of a whistle. Amazing!

Respectfully...
BigDavy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by BigDavy »

R.I.P Moon. Another of the chiffy chatters gone.

Play her a tune for me Alan.

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
Ssnfx
Tell us something.: Used to be on this board all the time, but now can't remember my login information. I'd like to post something today but can't get in.

Post by Ssnfx »

Many years ago (10-12?), when I began frequenting Chiff and Fipple and then discovered the nutty chat room, I met Moonlight. The chat room was a very active place at that time--not sure how it is now--and I went on many bizarre adventures and had wonderful conversations with Moon, Alan, Captain Lark, Sam, Carol, Bloo, Eld, Jack, Steve, Walden, and so many others. Discussion topics ranged far and wide and were frequently off-the-wall crazy. I had such good times in that little nook of the internet. Moonlight was always up for the fun in her quiet, friendly way. We learned about her family, her visits to the trailer for relaxation, her beautiful stuffed bears, and more. I faded away from C&F a few years ago but kept in touch with Moon (Linda) via Facebook and emails. I learned of her struggle with cancer and, along with many others, rejoiced in her ups and sent cyber hugs in her downs. She was always upbeat and so very brave. I'll miss knowing she's in the world. A very heartfelt hug goes out to Alan, her dear friend.

Susan
StevieJ
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

Post by StevieJ »

I am sorry to hear this. Like Susan, I remember Moonlight and the rest of the gang from those lively sessions in the chat room. Peace be with her, and with you, Alan.
aphillips
Tell us something.: I've gone down many rabbit holes starting with whistles and continuing with many different kinds of bagpipes. I founded and run the 30 musician ensemble Folk Orchestra Santa Barbara.

Post by aphillips »

Sorry to hear this and I hope you find comfort in your playing.
s1m0n

Post by s1m0n »

My deepest sympathies. I never entered the chat room, but I understand grief and loss.

Take comfort in the knowledge than in loving* another person, you've done the noblest thing any human can do, and faced the severest test. You did not fail. Experience tells us that unless we're lucky enough to die first, loving anyone will inevitably end in heartbreak. We know it, and press ahead regardless. That's courage. You've been tested, and the heartbreak you feel is your proof that you've been given the hardest test anyone can face, and you passed. There is no more human act than facing heartbreak, or than loving someone knowing that you're going to face heartbreak one day, and loving them anyway.

Because failure is refusing to love anyone at all. Your** broken heart is a badge of courage.

*Romantically or otherwise.
**Any.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
chas

Post by chas »

I'm sorry to hear this. I always liked Moon.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

I did wonder .. damn Moon. a prayer for you and what you gave us.
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com