Whistle sighting on the Late Show

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
FJohnSharp
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Whistle sighting on the Late Show

Post by FJohnSharp »

Just watching Friday's show and the sax player was playing a whistle that looked very much like my Dixon, with the dull brass finish and long black head.
Feadoggie

Re: Whistle sighting on the Late Show

Post by Feadoggie »

FJohnSharp wrote:ust watching Friday's show and the sax player was playing a whistle that looked very much like my Dixon, with the dull brass finish and long black head.
Right! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I had a giggle the first time I heard the whistle on the Late Show a few weeks back. There wasn't much to see then, no close up of the band. I didn't think to post but wondered if anyone else would have noticed. Then on Friday they actually panned across to the band while the music was playing. Cool!

Anyway, that'd be Eddie Barbash. He's played with a number of A-list performers in recent years. These days he's with John Batiste and Stay Human. And I think you are right about the whistle he played on Friday. It's a bit easier to see in this video.

Feadoggie
I've proven who I am so many times, the magnetic strips worn thin.
FJohnSharp
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Re: Whistle sighting on the Late Show

Post by FJohnSharp »

Hey thanks for finding that. It sure looks and sounds like my Dixon.