A step up from a Tony Dixon

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
mcvarishdc
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

A step up from a Tony Dixon

Post by mcvarishdc »

I have had a Tony Dixon adjustable aluminum D for about a year now and like the sound and the responsiveness. Unfortunately, I have the tendency to be klutzy and have cracked two head pieces. Could any one suggest an all-alloy whistle that is as responsive as a Dixon and would cost US$150 or less.

Thanks.
jkrazy52
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: A step up from a Tony Dixon

Post by jkrazy52 »

An Impempe whistle would fit your description financially (tunable ~$100-$110USD; non-tunable ~$80-$90USD) and I like the sound and responsiveness. **standard warning of the many subjective opinions on the last 2 terms. YMMV. It is a really nice whistle.
BigDavy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: A step up from a Tony Dixon

Post by BigDavy »

Impempe whistles are built like tanks, you could hammer nails with my low D. You would have a hard job breaking one.

You could also consider Syn whistles, they are in stock at the Irish flute store. You could get a C/D/Eb set for $115.99, (one head and 3 bodies). They do not have a wholly aluminium head, but they are robust, if the head can survive me standing on it, (330 pounds at last weigh in - not called Big Davy for nothing) they will stand up to anything :lol: . I stopped buying metal high whistles after I got my Syn set, only wooden ones since then.

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps