Looking for duet sheet music.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Flogging Jason
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Looking for duet sheet music.

Post by Flogging Jason »

Hello folks,

I've been doing a lot of digging online and also searched the forum for whistle duet sheet music. So far I've come up pretty skint. If anyone can recommend a free archive with some good selections of duets that would be awesome! I'd like to work on some two part arrangements with my HD player and I am no good at writing harmonies, lol.

P.s. I've got the fifer's delight and fifer's companion already so that's covered.
piperjoe

Re: Looking for duet sheet music.

Post by piperjoe »

Try to find Airs for Pairs there are three books in the series published by Matt Seattle. I bought mine, and my grandson's, off Amazon.

Many traditional, and some not so well know tunes, Irish, Scottish and English. Very nice arrangements and almost all playable by two flutes, whistles or flute/whistle and/or fiddle.

Ryan (grandson) is a very accomplished violin/cello player and of course grandpa is corrupting him into a fiddle player! :thumbsup:

Anytime we get together we have a ceilidh, mostly playing from the Seattle books.

JD
Flogging Jason

Post by Flogging Jason »

Thanks piperjoe! Now I've got to squeeze those books into my budget!
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Some duets, twelve in the second volume, appeared in O'Farrell's collection. They may well suit the whistle. Try O'Farrell, vol 2
My brain hurts

piperjoe

Post by piperjoe »

Jason,

Another suggestion, :poke: Suggested Duets & Harmonies from the Lowland and Border Pipers' Society.

Arranged for Scottish Smallpipes but definitely playable on whistles et al.

Nearly 30 tunes nicely arranged, mainly Scottish.

JD
jkrazy52
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jkrazy52 »

Not a free resource, unfortunately, but a good book -- Emerald Duets, Christmas, vol 1 by Blayne Chastain & Peter Romero, available through the The Irish Flute store. The front of the book says "Arrangements for two melody instruments, guitar & piano".