The toilet paper poll!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.

The dangling flap on the roll of toilet paper is

On the far side
13%
On the participant side
72%
Not on a fixture (sitting on its side somewhere)
14%

Total votes: 76

oleorezinator
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes I love tin whistles I love flutes I love irish music I love concertinas I love bodhrans

Post by oleorezinator »

does this divide along gender lines?
Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love.
Love is not music. Music is the best.
- Frank Zappa
oleorezinator
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes I love tin whistles I love flutes I love irish music I love concertinas I love bodhrans

Post by oleorezinator »

MarkB wrote:John wrote
The worst toilet paper in the cosmos is made by a company called Izal.
It must be the same stuff they gave us in Norway in the 1960's on a NATO exercise, we used it as airmail paper and wrote letters home on it...ah unused paper that is :D

MarkB
remember what we were told about those godless commies? a friend of mine from the ukraine once described the tp as having visible splinters of wood in it. ouch!
Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love.
Love is not music. Music is the best.
- Frank Zappa
tuaz

Post by tuaz »

You know, this thread has really got me thinking :roll:

There are many other factors that might affect the ease with which one tears the paper off the roll with one tug/pull (as opposed to said tug/pull merely unravelling/unrolling the whole roll of paper).

For instance:

1. how big is the depression in your toilet roll holder into which the roll is supposed to fit? If it's a snug fit, it's less likely to unravel the roll.

2. conversely, how fat/plump is your roll of paper? Those twin-ply ones with embossed designs may take up more volume than single-ply ones or the ones with overly-smooth surfaces. They'd fit more tightly in the roll holder.

Factors 1 and 2 might actually affect whether you should position the roll with the end toward you (overhand position) or away from you. Say the roof of the roll holder presses too snugly to the roll, an overhand position might be troublesome because the paper might detach from the roll while you're still in the process of unrolling the paper to a suffcient length.

In such an instance, an underhand position might be better if the back and bottom of the holder isn't as close to the roll of paper.

3. height of roll holder in relation to toilet seat

4. distance of roll holder from the toilet.

Factors 3 and 4 would affect the angle at which one reaches out & tugs at the roll of paper.

PS. I'm on my lunch break.
Daniel_Bingamon

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

At least they haven't tried to recycle toilet paper. yuck!

http://www.cartoonstock.com/directory/r ... _paper.asp

Oh well, spoke too soon. At least it's not from reclaimed toilet paper.
http://www.treecycle.com/cattissue.html
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D
RonKiley
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by RonKiley »

This thread reminded me of two guys on board a ship I was on once. They were on opposite watches. There was an electrical cable running down the bulkhead in there space. One thought it should be white the other thought it should be silver. On each watch it was repainted. When we sailed the cable was 1/4 inch in diameter. 3 weeks later when I got off it was more than 5/8 inch in diameter.

Everybody change the orientation of the roll on your watch.

Ron
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Sigh... I really wish you guys would remember to add "all of the above" as an option... it's almost always my true answer! :lol:
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
TXwhistle
Tell us something.: I moved, so I'm in a different city. Not in Texas anymore!!! Although if someone sees that I'm in NYC, maybe they'll know of local places that I can look for whistles.

Post by TXwhistle »

amar wrote:that flap has to be on my side, if i find a roll the other way around, i change it. :D
Me, too. I consider it a public service. Or paying it forward. Or something like that. (Random act of kindness??????)