Busman D+ back on US tour...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
jkrazy52
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jkrazy52 »

Yeah, Tommy --- I can't wait until you get this whistle. Just don't forget to mail it on in a timely fashion ... OK? :D

Hmmm .... what is the time period for keeping the Busman, anyway? One week or two? I forgot! :oops:

Judy
brewerpaul
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

jkrazy52 wrote:Yeah, Tommy --- I can't wait until you get this whistle. Just don't forget to mail it on in a timely fashion ... OK? :D

Hmmm .... what is the time period for keeping the Busman, anyway? One week or two? I forgot! :oops:

Judy
Use your judgement-- keep it long enough to get a feel for the instrument, maybe take it to a session to see how it stands up to a group of musicians.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

You should have said that before I mailed it Paul. I could have taken it to the Potomac Celtic Festival in June, to Gettysburg in July, and to the Ren Fest in September. :D

Ron
I've never met a whistle I didn't want.
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

RonKiley wrote:You should have said that before I mailed it Paul. I could have taken it to the Potomac Celtic Festival in June, to Gettysburg in July, and to the Ren Fest in September. :D

Ron
Ahem... (annie glares mildly contemptuously over her glasses at Ron with arms crossed and one foot tapping... then gestures at her lower than mid list postion, making room for all the other even further down to join in)
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Kansas

Ok already - Ok already

Post by Kansas »

I shipped it to PA today!
Clann O' dubh Ghaill / Doyle
JS

Post by JS »

Is it too late to sign up to be last on the list? I live, I'd guess, about fifteen minutes from Paul, and could easily drive the whistle back to him.

Jordan
"Furthermore he gave up coffee, and naturally his brain stopped working." -- Orhan Pamuk
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

anniemcu wrote:
RonKiley wrote:You should have said that before I mailed it Paul. I could have taken it to the Potomac Celtic Festival in June, to Gettysburg in July, and to the Ren Fest in September. :D

Ron
Ahem... (annie glares mildly contemptuously over her glasses at Ron with arms crossed and one foot tapping... then gestures at her lower than mid list postion, making room for all the other even further down to join in)
Tommy sits and thinks of the old radio shows he listened to as a boy. And wonders if Annie wrote for them or mabe she was a narator for The Shadow or Suspense? Tommy thinks he better let it go because if she was it might tell her age. :o Tommy has heard to never speak of a womans age. :wink: Good thing he is only thinking and not saying anything.
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

Ron does remember all the old radio shows. He has collections of them. He considers the old radio shows much better than any present day TV show or movie. Ron likes to live in the past when it comes to entertainment.

Ron the old timer
I've never met a whistle I didn't want.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

RonKiley wrote:Ron does remember all the old radio shows. He has collections of them. He considers the old radio shows much better than any present day TV show or movie. Ron likes to live in the past when it comes to entertainment.

Ron the old timer
Tommy is thinking that Ron remembers Johnny Dollar, Boston Blackie,
The Shadow, Fibber Magee & Molly, Big John & Sparky, Sky King........
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Tommy wrote:Tommy sits and thinks of the old radio shows he listened to as a boy. And wonders if Annie wrote for them or mabe she was a narator for The Shadow or Suspense? Tommy thinks he better let it go because if she was it might tell her age. :o Tommy has heard to never speak of a womans age. :wink: Good thing he is only thinking and not saying anything.
Annie smirks in mild amusement as she notes that Tommy now squirming in some discomfort, just revealed *his own* age ... good thing he's just thinking and not actually talking about it though, as if he revealed *her* age, she'd have to do something about it ... Oh... wait, she's already admitted her age... "hmm..." she mutters, "...some guys get off easy."
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
jkrazy52

Post by jkrazy52 »

Sky King does not belong with The Shadow and Fibber Magee. Sky King goes with My Friend Flicka and Howdy Doody .....

Judy, not quite old enough for radio, but old enough for early TV ... :D
chattiekathy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

:D Got it today! I am having a great time playing this wonderful whistle. It is very pretty and classy. I think with time, I could get the hang of using the C hole, but It would fit me better if it was set just a bit more off to the right.

Paul, You make an awesome whistle. I love the weight of this whistle and the the way it plays. I guess, I will have to start a savings account for one of these. I love that it looks rich but that I wouldn't have to take time oiling it. I hope that I don't wear it out before I have to send it on to Tommy. :P I love the little tartan that comes with it too.

It's too bad that I wasn't one more notch down the line to get it. I have a gig the last weekend in June at an old log church that I have to play 2 really sad songs for a mock funeral from the 17th to the early 18th century. This whistle would be great for that gig

By the way, if anyone has any song/tune suggestions for me, I would appreciate it. I also will be playing songs for a mock wedding that day and a real baptism too so suggestions for those as well could be great.

Later!
Kathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
Tommy

Re: Busman D+ back on US tour...

Post by Tommy »

anniemcu wrote:
Tommy wrote: Closer and closer. :)
Easy for you to say! :lol: :cry:
Nothing to say today. :) hmmmm Tommy thinking to himself- closer & closer......... :wink:
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

JS wrote:Is it too late to sign up to be last on the list? I live, I'd guess, about fifteen minutes from Paul, and could easily drive the whistle back to him.

Jordan
Hey Jordan-- you can bypass the tour and just come up and visit. Check out the shop (aka spare bedroom) and play whatever I have hanging around. Same offer applies to any and all members who live within range, or plan on passing through.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
JS

Post by JS »

Thanks, Paul! I'll give you a call once I get through the next couple end-of-term weeks.

Jordan
"Furthermore he gave up coffee, and naturally his brain stopped working." -- Orhan Pamuk