The scary clown.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
izzarina
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by izzarina »

aderyn_du wrote:I have an innate fear of clowns. Postings such as the above, by Caj, are seriously detrimental to my sleep health.
I'm not terribly fond of clowns either. When I was about 13 or so (I think....who knows now), I went to see Poltergeist. If you've ever seen that movie, it has a REALLY REALLY scary clown in it that tries to pull the boy under the bed. I was so scared after seeing. Upon returning home, I went into my room where I was greeted by MY clown...I hadn't thought of it until that moment but MY clown looked just like the one in the movie. Needless to say that clown was not long for this world.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
EdMueller

Post by EdMueller »

Poltergeist was a bad one, as was Tim Curry as Pennywise in "It". My wife doesn't even like to see the DVD cover picture from that one...
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

EdMueller wrote:Poltergeist was a bad one, as was Tim Curry as Pennywise in "It". My wife doesn't even like to see the DVD cover picture from that one...
I was flipping channels, this afternoon, and one of the religious channels (TBN) had a cartoon on about the Children of Israel and the Golden Calf and the giving of the Mosaic Law, and it featured the voice talents of Tim Curry.
Reasonable person
Walden
emmline
antispam: No

Post by emmline »

Walden wrote: I was flipping channels, this afternoon, and one of the religious channels (TBN) had a cartoon on about the Children of Israel and the Golden Calf and the giving of the Mosaic Law, and it featured the voice talents of Tim Curry.
versatile guy.
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

Clowns aren't the only scary ones. My younger granddaughter was taken to see a department store Santa when she was almost 3, and was terrified. So, of course, they took her back the next year and made it even worse.

A month or so after the second try, they brought her out to California for the first time. As they walked into the house, there I stood with my full white beard, red sweatshirt, and about 25-percent more weight than I have now--much of it concentrated around my waist. She absolutely panicked. It was at least another year before she'd even come near me. :(

One time I was standing outside a Japanese train station, waiting for a couple of Japanese Bluegrass musicians to pick me up, and there was a guy wandering around in one of those Goofy costumes with the big plastic head. A young couple came out of the station carrying a two-year old, and when Goofy went prancing over waving his arms, there was all kinds of kicking, screaming, and crying from the kid. The parents couldn't calm her down at all. She was still crying and quivering when my friends came for me, even though Goofy had finally given up and walked around a corner to search for quieter prey.
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe