$5400 Raffle - What a great community! :)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
JessieK
antispam: No

Post by JessieK »

Thanks, Bill. I have answered everyone's questions in posts in this thread (except how to join PayPal, because if people don't want to, I can take credit cards outside of paypal for the same price as PayPal credit card payments - just contact me).

And as Bill said, I am constantly updating the first post in this thread with new donations.
~JessieD
Darwin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Darwin »

It's so easy to buy a ticket, and there are some amazing whistles on the list. If...I mean, when...I win, I'm going to have to ask for advice on which one to pick.
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

I will gladly offer advice on which to pick. :)
~JessieD
vomitbunny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by vomitbunny »

YOu get to pick? Like, the first ticket holder gets first pick and so fourth?
Wow.
My opinion is stupid and wrong.
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Yes, as I stated in the first post, the first winner gets to pick, the second winner gets to pick from those that remain, and so on.

This is what Dale did with his charity raffle several years ago. I think it's a great idea. I just hope all the winners get back to me in a timely fashion so I won't have the baby before all the prizes are sorted out.
~JessieD
glauber

Post by glauber »

You have my email address, in case i win a raffle for the first time in my life! :)
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Good luck, Glauber!

:)
~JessieD
BillChin

Post by BillChin »

JessieK wrote:Yes, as I stated in the first post, the first winner gets to pick, the second winner gets to pick from those that remain, and so on.

This is what Dale did with his charity raffle several years ago. I think it's a great idea. I just hope all the winners get back to me in a timely fashion so I won't have the baby before all the prizes are sorted out.
One way to possibly expedite this is to have the runner ups draw up a preference list. Some people know exactly what whistle he/she wants with alternates. Using this method, the second prize winner, if sure of their preferences indicates a first choice and a second choice via email. The third prize winner, three choices in order of preference, and so on, with the fifth place winner listing five. This saves time compared to going back and forth via email. Of course some winners may still take time choosing, but some may know exactly.

As the date of the drawing gets closer and the prize list firms up, a useful thread (or use this one to keep it bumped up high) would be some of the veterans listing their top five or seven whistles on the prize list and why. I think it is too early to start into that right now because there may be a few more additions to the prize list when the CF email newsletter goes out to 3000 people. However, in a couple of weeks it will be fun to see the differing opinions.
+ Bill
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Good ideas, Bill!

~JessieD
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

JessieK wrote:We are getting a lot of donations...I hope more people buy chances to win these things! I know, I know, it's only been a couple of hours.

Jessie, my husband the system manager really doesn't want us to use PayPal (I know, I know, but it's his computer too :wink:) , but I'd like to participate. Any way to send a check or something to contribute to the cause?

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Yes, as I mentioned in my first post on this thread, you can contact me by e-mail for my mailing address.
~JessieD
Daniel_Bingamon

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

I'll add a Jubilee Low-D Wide Bore Aluminum Whistle to the list.
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Thank you, Daniel.

I want to thank each person individually, but at least let me say now, Arleen and I are profoundly grateful and tremendously impressed with your kindness. You're a godsend, and we'll never forget.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Daniel_Bingamon

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

Jerry, I hope everything works out well for you. God Bless.

Is Jessie taking the whistles in or do we hold on to them and mail them to the winner afterwards as directed?
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Dan, I am going to mail mine directly to whomever wins the whistle I donated. I was considering paying the postage myself, but may change my mind later. Seems easier that way and save $$ at the same time.

There was a suggestion that if C&F quit mailing whistles that the USPS would go out of business. Well, I am not willing to push the envelope myself.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus